Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
MM for morahs

smileyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 10:17 am
What do you give to the morahs?
What about a single Morah?
We’re doing a theme and I don’t really want to give the morahs the same thing, want it to be a bit nicer..
Looking for classy and under $15.

weasley

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 10:19 am
Following for a single gan teacher...

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 10:23 am
Single people like food the same way married people do. I would give a gift basket of nice food items like chocolate, sparkling grape juice, etc.

justmarried

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 11:33 am
I give them my regular mishloach manos, and include an envelope with a tip. I think they would prefer money over expensive food.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 11:45 am
smileyfaces wrote:
What do you give to the morahs?
What about a single Morah?
We’re doing a theme and I don’t really want to give the morahs the same thing, want it to be a bit nicer..
Looking for classy and under $15.

You can put the mishloach manos into a pencil case, makeup bag or handbag.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 11:45 am
I have no reason or need to give but if I didn't, single people are normal people.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:01 pm
Single and married morahs get the same thing. Why does martial status in what mm you give? I give the morahs same thing as everyone else but I include a tip.

smileyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:05 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I have no reason or need to give but if I didn't, single people are normal people.

Of course they are! But if I’m giving out a bottle of wine and something else on a cake platter they may not appreciate it. I don’t want the single teacher to feel that I didn’t think about her specifically and she’s just the same as the married ladies.

Simple1

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:22 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
Single and married morahs get the same thing. Why does martial status in what mm you give? I give the morahs same thing as everyone else but I include a tip.

A single lady who is living with her parents would not appreciate everything a married lady would. For example wine or grape juice. Or if you are giving a gift, if it's an item for the home, it will end up being a gift for the family. A personal gift will be more appreciated.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:28 pm
Why can't you give a single person wine? They don't drink wine?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:44 pm
There is a difference between a single morah who lives on her own or with friends (in which case she can appreciate the same things as a married morah) and a single morah living with her parents. Things like wine and serving platters are household items that are generally shared by the members of the house, and if she lives with her parents those items probably won't end up being specifically hers. I got married at 25 and would have felt kind of bad receiving a MM like that when I was living with my parents - like as if the giver ignored the fact that I didn't have my own home.

I have given single morahs MM of an individually wrapped muffin or pastry, a J&J iced coffee drink, and a box of chocolates in a pretty box/tin/container that they could use in their classroom or bedroom at home. I think a nice note is always appreciated as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics