Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tamiflu? He is almost 2

pooki

Post Sat, Feb 17 2018, 11:32 pm
20 month old with the flu. Dr. not recommending tamiflu because its hard on the stomach amongst other things. She is happy to prescribe it if I want it. Do you have any experiance with it for a toddler.
thanks in advance Smile

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:35 am
Gave it to my 22 month old. He bh did not have and side effects from it. I gave it to him after a bottle. Within 2 hrs of taking it I saw improvement. I would definitely give. I know this is a hot topic on imamother but the flu this season is turning out to b very scary. Why play around?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 7:40 am
Your Dr. has experience with it and knows your sons entire history and is recommending not to. I would go with her advice.

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
Your Dr. has experience with it and knows your sons entire history and is recommending not to. I would go with her advice.

Not quite exactly. Cuz Dr's are against it cuz in a lot of children it causes side effects but in many it doesn't. I wonder if her Dr is saying that based on the kids history or just based on the fact that many kids have side effects.
My pediatrician for instance looks at the general situation in the house. If there's a baby or if the kid in question is the youngest, is the mother pregnant or not. For me he gave it cuz I have a 6 month old for my neighbor he didn't cuz her baby is 2 1/2

Blessing1

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 2:39 pm
Every child reacts differently to it. My kids didn't have any side effects & the flu was gone by day 4.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics