Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Emoji theme Mishloach Manos - food ideas

MommySA

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 5:20 am
HI

We are dressing as emji's this year. I have written a poem and got the container to put the mishloach manos in (I got black tubs and have stuck emoji stickers all over) I have heart sweets and I have an emoji chocolate mold to make chocolate.

Any other ideas? my poem is linked with emotions so anything emoji or emotion related.

I'm in South africa so don't have access to kosher emoji bought products and I am not the most arty person.

Thanks!!

Love this site

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 8:25 am
Doing the same. Will be following.

I found Oreo chocolate molds and lollipop chocolate molds so I’m doing those instead of regular chocolates.

I’m also putting Emoji prizes into the kids ones.

The rest of the food I’m going to stick with black and yellow.

Any more ideas will be appreciated.

sitting

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 9:45 am
What about smiley face cookies? Theres the barman ones in a bag or the packet of like 12...in a long roll....I forget the brand.
Defo black and yellow candy mix could be cute in a small container with an emoji sticker on top of cont (think those tiny salad dressing containers).
Heart shaped candy? For emoji heart...may be far reaching

Blumy

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 10:05 am
where did u get ur costumes? I need emoji costumes for size 12-18 months and size 2T

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 12:23 pm
from a black & white cookie recipe - tried & true by me - only you can turn them into smiley face cookies [or any other colour combination you fancy] Colors Wink

2 eggs
3/4 cups sugar
6 tbs crisco
1/2 tsp lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla

whip together then add

1 2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

cool in fridge (I never listen)
use ice cream scooper and scoop onto cookie sheet

350° 12-15 min till edges are light brown ... should be soft

for yellow to spread on flat cookie surface:
2 cups confectionery sugar
2 1/2 tbs hot water
2 tbs corn syrup
yellow food colouring

for chocolate use piping bag or snipped point of plastic baggie to draw smile:
same as above [no colour]
+ 1 1/2 oz melted choc chips
1 1/4 tbs additional corn syrup

MommySA

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 12:14 pm
Thanks all, some great ideas.

Blumi where are you? I am putting together my own costumes but if you're in JHB South Africa there were some emoji costumes at evermore by Greenstone.

I am printing the emoji on a black t-shirt and adding other things the person is wearing. So I am the heart emoji and I have heart glasses , yellow stockings and a yellow tutu.

My son is the cash emoji and I got him cash glasses, a bracelet and rings with cash symbol on.

etc

you don't actually even have to print on t-shirt, you can just print on board or paper and wear around your neck ... google emoji costumes lots of ideas come up

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 3:13 pm
Toys 4 You has emoji costumes but I think it's cuter for each kid to have 1 emoji.

yksraya

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 3:28 pm
My kids were emoji's last yr. I made the costumes myself.

We did yellow holders, with emoji ribbon bow. Emoji cookie. We made rounds, and with cocoa we made the emoji, we had a cookie stencil for it. You can also do it yourself by making round cookies. After baking you put red sugar crystals for mouth, blue for eyes etc. U outline the mouth etc with piping gel or corn syrup. Or you can use fondant/ icing etc.
You can also do cupcakes. With yellow chocolate melts or baking chocolate and then a smile or what with reg baking chocolate etc.

U can also do everything yellow, yellow jelly beans etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics