Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need organization help

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 6:57 pm
I'm not a very organized person. I am just all over the place. I don't really care too much about housekeeping because I just have a lot of cleaning help. But I'd like to be more organized in other areas so I can be more on top of things. Right now, I keep lists and it helps a tiny bit in that at least if it's there it will get done- eventually. But it still doesn't help with prioritizing. Or more complicated things like meal planning or activity planning. Also, I am not working at the moment. I am looking for a job because in general I just do better in all areas of my life when I'm working than when I'm not. But I'd like to at least have some sort of structure and schedule to my day until that happy moment when I'll be working again. I'm very tech savvy and prefer technological solutions to pen and paper. The things I'd like to focus on are meal planning, getting some freelance work done while waiting for a steady job, being more focused on my kids when they're around, being more on top of their schedules and reward systems (they tend to respond well to chart type systems, but I'm terrible at staying on top of those!) Most of the kids are in school, I do have one toddler at home. I could get some things done with him around, I'm just not good at getting stuff done in general.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 8:03 pm
For meal planning, I figure out 5 types of main dishes for supper that works my family. Easy and doable and what works for each day of the week depending on our schedule. Say for example

leftovers
chicken
dairy
meat
fish

Then figure out 2 types of each supper so you have a 2 week rotation.

Option 1:

Sun: leftovers
Mon: breaded chicken cutlets
Tues: baked ziti
Wed: meatballs
Thurs: salmon

Option 2:

Sun: leftovers
Mon: roast chicken
Tues: lasagna
Wed: burgers
Thurs: flounder

Same for side dishes and veg. You can choose 4-5 and fill them in each week.

rice (mushroom or red rice)
pasta (seasoned pasta or spaghetti for meatballs)
potatoes (baked French fries or cubed)
sweet potatoes
farfel

If you'd like to ease into it you can use half ready options for side dishes like frozen French fries, ramen noodles, Idahoan instant mashed potatoes, etc. And throw bagged frozen veg into a pan and bake along with dinner.

Once I know what I'm making I can check off what I need on my weekly shopping list.

zigi

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 8:44 pm
can the kids fill out the charts on their own? that they did x yz and all you have to do is look it over?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics