Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Simple Baked Mishloach Manos

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:35 am
My husband keeps saying we should do challah rolls and dips because it's best if mm gets used at the meal, but I keep telling him that's no fun. I would rather do something like cookies because I just like baking better (and eating cookies better...). So now I'm trying to come up with something fun and fairly simple to bake, but not quite as boring as chocolate chip cookies (although that's what I keep thinking Id like best). So what do you think? Any fairly exciting yet simple cookie recipes? What else would you give with it? I'm not looking to do a theme- just 2-3 things that go well together. (Maybe 2 types of cookies and something else?)

bsy

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:39 am
We've done cookies or muffins with iced coffee and/or chocolate or homemade bark.

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:45 am
What about fortune cookies and almond cookies? Fortune cookies are fun to make. You have yourself a theme anyway.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:46 am
bsy wrote:
We've done cookies or muffins with iced coffee and/or chocolate or homemade bark.

Oh I really like the homemade bark idea- sounds like a great blend of simple/exciting. Thanks!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:54 am
Squishy wrote:
What about fortune cookies and almond cookies? Fortune cookies are fun to make. You have yourself a theme anyway.

Now that's something I wouldn't have thought of, thanks! You think Israelis know what fortune cookies are??

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:59 am
I'm French and imagine a cookie baked in gold.

etky

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 7:05 am
You can make Haman's Ears (in lieu of elephant ears) from frozen pastry dough.
Just spread chocolate spread or any other spread that you like on the rolled out, defrosted dough and roll up from both long sides towards the center. Slice and bake.
There are also special cookie cutters available for Purim. They can make any plain cookie dough more interesting and appropriate for the holiday. If you have young kids they can enjoy decorating the cookies with colored sugar or jell.

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 7:56 am
amother wrote:
Now that's something I wouldn't have thought of, thanks! You think Israelis know what fortune cookies are??

I think so. I had to make them because my kids would see them at Chinese restaurants, and they weren't PY. They are actually easy. The only trick is to fold them quickly, so they don't crack.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:03 am
I always do the same: coffee cake muffins, with a few Lindor truffles tossed into the bag

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:08 am
One year we dressed up like bakers. I baked, chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla rugalech. I also baked brownie bars.

A different time I made marble cake in little small pans. We were dressed like a cleaning crew that year. So we gave "sponge" cake.

One year I made chocolate rum balls dipped in dark chocolate drizzled with white chocolate on top. And melt in your mouth cookies (which look white) drizzled with dark chocolate on top.

imamother153

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:50 am
Maybe u can bake apple muffins or blueberry muffins? It’s a baked item and something that can be served at the suda. U can also do mini apple cake bundts with a fresh small apple and mini apple flavored Smirnoff.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 2:48 pm
Wow, what delicious ideas! Thank you, everyone!

wow

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:15 pm
Peanut Chews (AKA Rice Krispies treats)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics