Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What does the NRA think of Trump's bump stock ban?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:39 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20......html

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:51 pm
southernbubby wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/donald-trump-bump-stocks/index.html

The NRA is willing to consider legislation limiting the sale of bump stocks. In response to the Las Vegas shooting, they issued a release stating, "...the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices [bump stocks] comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Did you seriously think that Congressional Republicans would consider it otherwise?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The NRA is willing to consider legislation limiting the sale of bump stocks. In response to the Las Vegas shooting, they issued a release stating, "...the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices [bump stocks] comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Did you seriously think that Congressional Republicans would consider it otherwise?

I knew that there had to be a catch somewhere but wasn't sure if he was actually standing up to the NRA or was in 'compliance' with them.

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 7:00 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I knew that there had to be a catch somewhere but wasn't sure if he was actually standing up to the NRA or was in 'compliance' with them.

If you get them to agree, you don't have to stand up to them. I'm guessing that the next step will be to get them to agree to a 21+ purchase age for semi-automatic rifles. It's already 21 for handgun sales, so that's a very small incremental step.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics