Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Models Eat Tissues To Stay Thin
1  2  3  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 7:45 pm
Models Eat Tissues

Quote:

How supermodels stay 'Paris thin' by eating TISSUES: Sacked Vogue editor exposes brutal truths of fashion world in tell-all book The Vogue Factor, by Kirstie Clements
By MARTHA DE LACEY

PUBLISHED: 13:46 EST, 2 April 2013 | UPDATED: 06:41 EST, 3 April 2013

Quote:
For those who puzzle over how supermodels stay so whippet thin, a former Vogue editor has lifted the lid on the horrific lengths some go to to maintain their wispy waistlines and cut-glass hipbones.

Kirstie Clements, sensationally fired from her role as editor of Australian Vogue last May, has written a tell-all book about the fashion industry, claiming some models eat tissue paper to feel full, starve themselves for days on end, spend frequent stints on hospital drips, and are often so weak with hunger they struggle to keep their eyes open.

As reported by Georgia Graham in the International Business Times, The Vogue Factor also explains that within the fashion world there is 'thin', and then there is 'Paris thin' - a term that describes the size of a model who has starved their already fragile body down two dress sizes in order to be cast in big oversea shows.

In her controversial tome, Clements says she once spent three days on a shoot with a model who didn't see her eat a single meal - and that on the final day she could barely stand or keep her eyes open.

She also reveals how an Russian model once told her that her flat mate was a 'fit' model - a model whose body is used by top designers for clothes-fittings - and therefore spent lots of time on a drip.

Clements spent 25 years at Australian Vogue - her book's subhead is 'from front desk to editor' - and steered the ship for 13 of them.

Her departure was sudden - she was called to a meeting and dismissed, forced to clean her office and leave without bidding farewell to her staff - and she was replaced quickly by Edwina McCann, editor of Harper's Bazaar.

Clements describes her sacking simply as a 'regime change' that was part and parcel of the dramatic Vogue narrative, but some critics believe the new book - her first - is her way of exacting revenge on the Rupert Murdoch-owned title.

Any recipes for tissues?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:23 pm

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:24 pm
Better than eating towels, I just learned...

behappy2

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 8:30 pm
So so sad. For them. And for all those who develop eating disorders. Why can't we as a culture appreciate all types of bodies. Makes me so sad.

Boca00

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:02 pm
What happened to Photoshop?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:09 pm
The picture in the article was such a skinny woman- she looked like a starved camp survivor.

NOT MY IDEA OF A SUPERMODEL!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:13 pm
amother wrote:

Any recipes for tissues?

In Israel we have scented tissues that smell yummy. "Peppermint" and "chocolate chip muffins" seem popular with the kids, but I've seen other scents as well. They come in little purse sized packets.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:34 pm
Thanks FranticFrummie. I hope they are Kosher for Pesach.

The real tragedy is that the IV drips actually contain 170 calories per liter.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fo.....74463

Quote:
Hospital Er - Iv Drip - Dextrose 5%
Servings: 1.0

Calories 170
Total Carbs 50 g

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:15 pm
Two major forms of avodah zaraha in this generation -

1. Money
2. Weight

Or is it

1. Weight
2. Money

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
Two major forms of avodah zaraha in this generation -

1. Money
2. Weight

Or is it

1. Weight
2. Money

I think

1. Money
2. Weight

I think people wish for money more.

If you have lots of extra money you can buy different foods and spend more time exercising. and Money can be shared with family. Weight cant.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 1:22 am
Boca00 wrote:
What happened to Photoshop?

Can't exactly photoshop live runways...

oliveoil

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 2:09 am
Is this really news to anyone?

momaleh

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:55 am
The grammar in the article is so poor, it's hard give it any credibility.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:24 am
I believe Jackie Kennedy said in the good old 60's: "You can never be too rich or too thin". Today we know this expression is incorrect.

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:10 am
Not quite the same, but I once ate tissue on Yom Kippur. I had to take a medication and got the feeling that it was stuck in my throat. So I tried to get it down with a bit of chewed up tissue. Didn't work all that well...

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:00 am
Well that explains why there's a hechsher on my package of pre-ripped toilet paper ...

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
I think

1. Money
2. Weight

I think people wish for money more.

If you have lots of extra money you can buy different foods and spend more time exercising. and Money can be shared with family. Weight cant.

But when it comes to shiduchim, if the guy’s side has money, then weight is #1 (and then money because money). If they don’t have money it’s tough because who will support them and their model wife?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:28 pm
momaleh wrote:
The grammar in the article is so poor, it's hard give it any credibility.

The person who was interviewed was the former Editor of Vogue Magazine in Australia and wrote a book. Next time read the whole article.

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:
The person who was interviewed was the former Editor of Vogue Magazine in Australia and wrote a book. Next time read the whole article.

The article also details how this person was abruptly dismissed from her job, casting further doubt as to the accuracy of the details.
It's common knowledge that supermodels starve themselves, but tissues? Really?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:23 pm
The big question remains, can I fulfill my obligation for two Minim in my Mishloach Manos with a box of tissues and an IV bag?
Drunken Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics