Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Family Purim costume ideas??

LAmom613

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 3:54 pm
Does anyone have any family costume ideas that their kids ACTUALLY want to dress up as?! Sometimes the family themes have the kids dressing up as things they are just not excited about at all.... ISO of fun ideas of any kind that include boys and girls ! Thanks!

animeme

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 3:59 pm
I like things that are flexible. So if you do "cats", someone can decide to be a lion, someone can be the Cat in the Hat, a girl who's not feeling like dressing up much can wear just a cat headband or cat-eye sunglasses, etc. Someone else I know did pirates once, and some people were old time pirates, someone was a parrot and someone was a baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates).

I also believe that a family can do a theme and some of the kids can opt out and do something else and that's fine. We have definitely done that.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 4:29 pm
How old are your kids?

My kids were thrilled to be ups delivery men last year.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 4:33 pm
I would ask my kids what they would like to dress up as, and build a theme around that.

LAmom613

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 4:35 pm
Kids range from 6-10 yes old 2 boys and 1girls and want parents to be involved !

LAmom613

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 4:47 pm
They don't have ideas what they want to be ... they chose costumes for school but since they go to separate school and won't see each other they really want to do a family theme for Purim itself

mammale

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 5:03 pm
Crayons?

Raw

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:13 pm
We always get one or two kids to tell us what they want to be and then build the theme around that.
For example, one wanted to be a monkey so we did 5 monkeys + mama monkey for 5 monkeys jumping in the bed.
Or I see what costumes we already have and build on that.
For example, we already have Batman and Wonder Woman, so I buy a few more superheroes.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:22 pm
One year we were all hunters. We bought the real hunters Camo clothes and hats at Walmart, binoculars and toy hunting rifles, (which were not easy to find, and have since been banned on most states). We had so much fun. My youngest was two at that time and I found him a Daniel Boone hat with the raccoon tail hanging . But it's not cheap.

One year I made custom tshirts using printed iron on paper and we all dressed up like a cleaning crew, we had a logo and name . Caps, mini dustpans and brooms hanging from belt loop holes I found for $1.00 at Target, rubber gloves and rags sticking out back pockets

A different time we did hamburger, frankfurter, ketchup, mustard costumes

We've been bakers too one year

momof2+?

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:22 pm
Farmers? The 6 year old (and older ppl if they want) can be a farm animal.
Another idea is characters of a story. Ex: Goldilocks, three bears, wolf
101 Dalmatians? Horace and jasper, cruella deville , Dalmatians
Good luck!

shanie5

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:36 pm
One year we did crayons. Another year the color RED-red coat, redneck, caught red handed, red devil..
One of our best years was 'the secret service'. We all wore white shirts, black pants or skirts, black jackets, sunglasses and ties. A couple kids carried toy guns.
Clowns.
Pirates.
Gypsies.
Cereals (snap, crackle and pop, the honey bee from cheerios).
A marching band.
Scottish family.

keym

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:47 pm
My favorite is Circus. There are so many choices. Ballerina, fortune teller, mime, magician, ring master, clown, lion tamer, elephant, lion, tiger.
Everyone choose one. Make the shalach manos colorful. Or give out cotton candy and peanuts.
There are so many combinations and permutations that literally everyone can be made happy.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 9:05 pm
keym wrote:
My favorite is Circus. There are so many choices. Ballerina, fortune teller, mime, magician, ring master, clown, lion tamer, elephant, lion, tiger.
Everyone choose one. Make the shalach manos colorful. Or give out cotton candy and peanuts.
There are so many combinations and permutations that literally everyone can be made happy.

Can I recommend that NOBODY send peanuts as MM? So many people coming and going on Purim, and there is a chance that an allergic person will be exposed to the peanuts.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 9:53 pm
This year we went with the purim story-royal costume. The 3 year old wanted to be a king and 5 year old agreed to be the queen. The older child got a cute army band costume. It can be expanded to all types of people that the king surrounds himself in, such as army, enemies, cook, jester ect.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 7:29 am
The royal theme is good. Space for princesses gaurds kings queens and a court jester!

Super heroes. Also plenty of space for individual stuff
People who help us....police hatsola fireman etc.
Flight team...again space for pilots attendants security etc.
Think of somethinf thats a team and then theres room for individuality.
Animals.
Circus theme
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics