Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
First World Problems
Previous  1  2  3  4

penguin

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 4:48 pm
Yo'ma, what would it cost you to buy a machine that works directly with your current? I can get machines for USA for about $80 on Amazon. If you sew more than a little, I would think it would be a worthwhile investment.

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 5:05 pm
My cleaning lady was cleaning for Pesach. She moved all my coats to one side of my coat closet cramming them together. The problem is there is a support in the center holding up the poll. They can can't moved freely. They are all locked together until they are unjamme. Ihad them organized by function. They are no longer organized by function, color, or size.

She also moved my pocketbooks which were on the lower shelf with vertical dividers holding them up. Again, they were organized by function. Black evening bags were together, etc.

She piled them on an upper shelf totally inaccessible without a step ladder. She crammed them in no apparent order - not be color, not by size, not buy function. She took off every protective cloth that was on my better bags. She moved the vertical dividers together on an otherwise accessible empty shelf.

Last week she did the same thing with my hats and teichels. I had Shabbos turban liners, pre-ties, turbans, teichels, snoods, hats by function all in sperate piles. She messed up everything and it took me an hour to put it back with her help.

My kids always complain she rearranges their stuff. This is the first time, I got the special treatment.

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 5:20 pm
Yep squishy. Every time I get a space organized the cleaning lady messes everything up. And being organizationally challenged it takes me a while to organize again. Sigh

tf

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 5:31 pm
I recently got something through pzdeals.com or dansdeals.com, can't remember exactly, a really good deal. After it arrived I decided "you know what? I don't need it. I wanna return it."

yo'ma

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:54 pm
penguin wrote:
Yo'ma, what would it cost you to buy a machine that works directly with your current? I can get machines for USA for about $80 on Amazon. If you sew more than a little, I would think it would be a worthwhile investment.

I didn't check them out, but most likely like everything else here, they're probably expensive. When I used to sew more, the transformer worked better, but not it's not worth getting a new machine because I don't sew so much anymore.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 6:59 pm
chmom wrote:
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again

Maybe we can brainstorm together!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 7:14 pm
Definitely a first world problem.
Got my Yummy Earth Organic lollies, (my absolute favorite! Bar none! And usually there's an equal mix of flavors, pomegranate pucker, strawberry smash, peach something and watermelon whichi hate. It got delivered and it's at least 50 percent watermelon flavor! 150 pops! 😲

penguin

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 7:53 pm
Quote:
it's at least 50 percent watermelon flavor! 150 pops!
Sounds like a Mishloach Manos theme in the making...

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:22 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
it's at least 50 percent watermelon flavor! 150 pops!
Sounds like a Mishloach Manos theme in the making...

Would YOU like 100 watermelon flavored pops?
I'll send it with a set of jams (3 flavors) and a box of tea and tea biscuits.
And the inimitable wafer rolls in coffee flavor that was baked in 1874 and for some reason, still appears in MM's today. And a pineapple of course. With pleasure.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:27 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
And the inimitable wafer rolls in coffee flavor that was baked in 1874 and for some reason, still appears in MM's today. And a pineapple of course. With pleasure.

Don't forget to add an extra large crumby hamentash.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:32 pm
2GN wrote:
Don't forget to add an extra large crumby hamentash.

My bad. Wrapped in saran wrap, no less...

penguin

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 12:05 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Quote:
Course not. But if you send a few to each "friend" that would help get rid of them.

And you could do... watermelon cupcakes, color the batter red & the icing green, put chocolate chips inside...

And dress any cooperative einiklach [who are willing to deliver them] as farmers?

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 12:18 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Got my Yummy Earth Organic lollies, (my absolute favorite! Bar none! And usually there's an equal mix of flavors, pomegranate pucker, strawberry smash, peach something and watermelon whichi hate. It got delivered and it's at least 50 percent watermelon flavor! 150 pops! 😲

you can donate it to the dentists office Smile

(referencing the little critter dentist book)

Last edited by Sunny Days on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 11:22 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:

Ah, the Jewish fruitcake...

rgr

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 11:44 am
tf wrote:
I recently got something through pzdeals.com or dansdeals.com, can't remember exactly, a really good deal. After it arrived I decided "you know what? I don't need it. I wanna return it."

It ain't a good deal if you don't need it...Lol I have this all the time!

There was something on sale for 50% off... I kept on walking and I saved 100%

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 1:24 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:

My husband bought a bag on mini nestle chocolate. The majority is butterfinger. Mad

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 1:27 pm
penguin wrote:
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Quote:
Course not. But if you send a few to each "friend" that would help get rid of them.

And you could do... watermelon cupcakes, color the batter red & the icing green, put chocolate chips inside...

And dress any cooperative einiklach [who are willing to deliver them] as farmers?

That's exactly what I'm going to do! NOT! I'm sending them all to you guys.. You make watermelon hamentashen..

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Feb 26 2018, 1:28 pm
2GN wrote:
you can donate it to the dentists office Smile

(my 4 &5 yr old read the little critter dentist book and laughed hysterically at the silly dentist who gives a lolly as a reward)

Rolling Laughter

As a grandmother who helps pay the dental bills, I shall not do that!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics