Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pediatric podiatrist

mommy100

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 2:02 pm
My two year old daughter suddenly started walking with a weird limp and turning in her foot badly. I have used Kermotopolis in the past but she is no longer working so who is good now days that takes Medicaid in the brooklyn area ?

happyone

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 7:16 pm
You might want to see an orthopedist if its a significant change in her walk.

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 8:00 pm
My kids are on uhc through child health plus. I use dr jeffrey knobel. He is not specifically pediatric but he sees kids too and I was happy with him.

country

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:18 pm
I was very happy with Dr Edelstein he is a podiatrist in Boro Park. He's great with kids. He seems to be well trained he also does surgery.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:46 pm
We use Dr. David Mehl (offices in Williamsburg and Queens) and are very happy with him, but I'm not sure a podiatrist is the right address for a sudden change. Did you consult your regular pediatrician? I'd go to the regular doc first and see where they refer you.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 10:50 pm
One of my kids did this occasionally as a toddler. I went to an orthopedist who was obnoxious and unhelpful. Then I switched to a new pediatrician who told me that it can happen from a virus (even a cold, and even after it seems to be better) and to give Motrin if it occurs. That resolved it. I definitely would try that before running to a podiatrist who might find completely unrelated problems that don't really require treatment.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:30 am
I don't think there's a podiatrist thats only geared to pediatrics. But try to find someone that does well with kids. You may very likely need an orthopedics or if it's a limp maybe a rheumatologist.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 1:30 am
I don't think there's a podiatrist thats only geared to pediatrics. But try to find someone that does well with kids. You may very likely need an orthopedics or if it's a limp maybe a rheumatologist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries