Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva Bnei Torah in Brooklyn

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 8:32 pm
Hello! Looking for any information this yeshiva. Please share your personal experience!
What type of families usually send there? How many kids are in a class? What can you say about Hebrew/English education there?
Thank you.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 8:50 pm
I love the school. The classes are small, because the school is newish and they are very selective as to who they take in. The parent body is to the right, yeshivish, and/or non-materialistic, down-to-earth, and very interested in their kids' education. You can really see what a school is made-of when their is an issue. My own experience, whenever an issue arose, the school took care of it. Every child is made to feel special. My child's teachers are dedicated and go beyond the call of duty. The new principal is warm, involved, and the boys and parents love him.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:46 pm
Is there more than one school with this name?
My friend sends there, but it is chassidish not yeshivish.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:55 pm
The faculty are mostly chassidish, the student body is mostly yeshivish, maybe that is the confusion. Small classes (unheard of for a mainstream school), we also like the new menahel very much. Preschool director is wonderful and really takes an interest.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:59 pm
I think I'm talking about a different school.
The people that I know that send there are satmar/pupa style chassidish, and there are almost 20 kids in the Nursery class.
Where is the one you are referring to located?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:00 pm
I remember someone vaguely telling me that there is another yeshiva in bp with the same name. Are you referring to that one?

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:03 pm
amother wrote:
I remember someone vaguely telling me that there is another yeshiva in bp with the same name. Are you referring to that one?

Yes.
I'm referring to one in BP.
This is the first year.

Where's the other one located?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:04 pm
flatbush

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:04 pm
and it's in it's 7th or 8th year.

cyber1gost

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:21 pm
Can anyone provide more information on this Yeshiva in Flatbush? What type of parent body is it? Where is it located and if possible a phone number? Thank You

babygirl40

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:42 pm
Yeshiva's Bnei Torah- my sons are there. We love it. It is very much Al Pi Darko, meaning Montessori equivalent. The methodology and depth of learning is uncomperable to a mainstream yeshiva. It's a very unique yeshiva. Parent body- warm, no TV's, like minded. worth a visit 718-344-7790

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 2:44 pm
Anyone have more info on Bnei Torah in boro park. We are chasidish, but don't belong to any chasidus. Girls are in beis Yaakov. Was wondering if we would fit in there.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:10 pm
I think the B'nei Torah that this thread is about is a different school than the one Wine is asking about. I'd recommend that you start a new thread titled "Bnei Torah in BP" to get more accurate info.

runmom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 8:06 pm
Yeshivah B'nei Torah still open?! We called, nobody called back, no idea about address. Asked advice, called for help to Gan Aliya office, they answered that B'nei Torah closed. Just want to be sure. I mean B'nei Torah in Brooklyn, orthodox, Al Pi Darko way. So, in Brooklyn now for boys Al Pi Darko only Darchei Aliya? I read here they more modern, we are mainstream frum, no idea about it, not sure if it it acceptable in our case.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone have more info on Bnei Torah in boro park. We are chasidish, but don't belong to any chasidus. Girls are in beis Yaakov. Was wondering if we would fit in there.

It’s quite chassidish. The people that I know that send there have their girls in pupa , rachmastrivsk etc ...

bsy

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 9:22 pm
brooklyner wrote:
Yeshivah B'nei Torah still open?! We called, nobody called back, no idea about address. Asked advice, called for help to Gan Aliya office, they answered that B'nei Torah closed. Just want to be sure. I mean B'nei Torah in Brooklyn, orthodox, Al Pi Darko way. So, in Brooklyn now for boys Al Pi Darko only Darchei Aliya? I read here they more modern, we are mainstream frum, no idea about it, not sure if it it acceptable in our case.

Yes YBT closed and DA is more modern, take everyone kind of school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics