Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Doesn't want to go to friend's house

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 2:46 pm
Is it normal for a 4 year old to not want to go to any friends house? He's so social in general. Does amazing at school. Has tons of friends etc. He talks about it says he wants to but when it comes down to it he cries and doesn't want to go.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 2:50 pm
DOes he have a friend who’s parent your friend friends with? Maybe the first few times younger can go with so he know you are there’s until he starts feeling Moreno comfortable?

mommyhood

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 3:30 pm
Yes I think it's normal. A few of my kids refused to go to friends houses at that age, all playdates had to be in our house unless I went with them. They started going to friends alone around age 6. They loved school and had plenty of friends and had no other social or anxiety concerns.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 3:33 pm
Totally normal. I have kids older than that that hate to go. You can do play dates at your house.

simba

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 3:50 pm
My kids never want to go. They are happy to have friends over. I don't blame them, I also rather host then be hosted.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 3:58 pm
My 4 year old will only go if I come with her - some kids this age jsut need the extra security of having you around.

But it's normal if they don't want to at this age, they are still young!

bigbird

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 4:01 pm
Yes my son is the same age and I find it’s when he hasn’t been there before so doesn’t know the house. I tell him I’m coming with and once I take him inside and he sees his friend he’s fine and I can leave.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 4:06 pm
Thanks for the replies!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 5:15 pm
simba wrote:
My kids never want to go. They are happy to have friends over. I don't blame them, I also rather host then be hosted.

Me too. I host a lot on Shabbos and Yom Tov. And yet I hate eating out.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 6:22 pm
I hated going to friends and most my kids r the same. All very social btw. Even my 8 yr old daughter! It's a comfort thing. I always say its a sign of social intelligence-u feel uncomfortable in someone elses place that runs dif than urs...

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 9:45 pm
Normal enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics