Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o"frummer"-an acceptance exercise-what does YOUR Rav hold?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

little neshamala

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:11 pm
I'll add some more:

-When nida, we may drop things into each others hand
-singing while nida is ok if its not something "special" and rarely done
-you may wear a shaitel made from your own hair

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:19 pm
cnc wrote:
It’s quite obvious who your Rav is. Smile

Is he also very lenient about onas benonis

And very machmir about eruvs Wink

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:22 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I also had this question. It just doesn't make sense, as gelatin in the US is definitely made from non-kosher sources. Perhaps he was referring to capsules, where the heter might be for refuah? Just wondering.

The bones are ground up into a powder and its not roi lachila at that stage

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:31 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
The bones are ground up into a powder and its not roi lachila at that stage

I just checked this - not according to most major poskim. And in halacha, we generally follow the majority.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:33 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I just checked this - not according to most major poskim. And in halacha, we generally follow the majority.

Isn't the whole premise of this thread...

WHAT DOES YOUR ROV HOLD....

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:34 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Isn't the whole premise of this thread...

WHAT DOES YOUR ROV HOLD....

That's right. No Rav today holds that gelatin is kosher. And if he does, I'm not sure why he has to be anonymous.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:39 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
That's right. No Rav today holds that gelatin is kosher. And if he does, I'm not sure why he has to be anonymous.

Well obvious one poster's Rov does. Not mine

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:40 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Well obvious one poster's Rov does. Not mine

That was exactly my question, because I never heard that ANYONE says its kosher. So I was wondering if it was a mistake, or maybe he meant if for capsules. Which I think some Rabbanim hold is ok.

keym

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:48 pm
What a fascinating thread.
Lets see. Things we hold.
1) no baby wipes on shabbos
2) yes vegie peeler on shabbos
3) no moch if the bleeding last longer than 1 day
4) toilet paper and pads arent mekabel tumah either. Neither does the toilet ball or water in the toilet. However urinating and wiping could be problematic so I must count until 10 before wiping. And the amount of blood on a pad is much less. If I fill a pad in 6 hrs or so, its a flow issue.
5) if im not pregnant or nursing, I need to try fasting
6) my kids could eat and drink before kiddush shabbos day up until bar/bas mitzva
7) after the seder, we must continue talking yetzias mitzrayim until we conk out- only then could we go to bed.
8) im required to say all 3 parshios of shma+1 shmona esrai every day.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:51 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
That was exactly my question, because I never heard that ANYONE says its kosher. So I was wondering if it was a mistake, or maybe he meant if for capsules. Which I think some Rabbanim hold is ok.
you can call Rabbi Abadi yourself. This is a question for the Rav - not the person following the psak.

keym

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:59 pm
Im thinking of so many. This is fun.
1) women do not count sefira with a brocha
2) we could choose 1st or second half sefira- whichever is more convenient that year
3) women who are not nursing or pregnant need to have 1/5 of each of the arbah kosos wine. the rest either water or grape juice. If you start feeling sick, then grape juice.
4) karpas has to be a raw vegetable. Celery is preferable.

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:04 am
keym wrote:
What a fascinating thread.
Lets see. Things we hold.
1) no baby wipes on shabbos
2) yes vegie peeler on shabbos
3) no moch if the bleeding last longer than 1 day
4) toilet paper and pads arent mekabel tumah either. Neither does the toilet ball or water in the toilet. However urinating and wiping could be problematic so I must count until 10 before wiping. And the amount of blood on a pad is much less. If I fill a pad in 6 hrs or so, its a flow issue.
5) if im not pregnant or nursing, I need to try fasting
6) my kids could eat and drink before kiddush shabbos day up until bar/bas mitzva
7) after the seder, we must continue talking yetzias mitzrayim until we conk out- only then could we go to bed.
8) im required to say all 3 parshios of shma+1 shmona esrai every day.

Im so intrigued by number 7. I like that...

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:07 am
Ok now im in pesach mode-
-Any medication that is considered necessary (not life threatening. Necessary. It can even be advil) may be taken on pesach even if it contains chametz as long as its not flavored
-cosmetics may be used if they contain chametz, aside from lip cosmetics which need to be kosher for pesach

keym

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:07 am
little neshamala wrote:
Im so intrigued by number 7. I like that...

Its actually sourced I believe in shulchan aruch. We all put on pjs and robes. Sit on the coach. Dh pulls out a book on midrashim and starts reading. Im usually first to be sent to bed (I guess cuz I dont get a nap). The kids and dh read midrashim until they fall asleep or alos. Whichever comes first.

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:08 am
keym wrote:
Its actually sourced I believe in shulchan aruch. We all put on pjs and robes. Sit on the coach. Dh pulls out a book on midrashim and starts reading. Im usually first to be sent to bed (I guess cuz I dont get a nap). The kids and dh read midrashim until they fall asleep or alos. Whichever comes first.

Amazing. Totally going to bring this up with my DH. So beautiful

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:14 am
https://oukosher.org/blog/cons.....ited/

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:26 am
Thankful for the posters who share what their rav holds without opinioning right/wrong towards others.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 12:39 am
This thread is so interesting. I find it comforting that when there are things I don’t do up to par with my rav I know someone else holds it’s okay so I don’t feel as horrible if I messed up.

As the daughter of a rav who holds by her dhs rav and another rav who lives closer for nidda questions. I have so many different psaks that I hear.

My rabbi holds BC is very recommended for newlyweds as well as after each child.

My rabbi holds most things are okay in the bedroom as long as it’s for the purpose of marital relations.

One of my rabbis hold don’t do a moch if you can’t get a clean hefsek easily, other said only don’t do the moch if you are ttc otherwise no matter what you do it.

My rav holds a woman may not show any hair because that tefach is usually used already on the tiny spots that sometimes are seen around the ears or the forehead.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:40 am
WhatFor wrote:
Quote:
let us practice the art of being accepting and understanding of our differences, and learn to acknowledge that they ARE ALL CORRECT so long as they were directed by ones Rav.

I appreciate your post, but just want to point out that not everyone here holds that all the things you posted require approval from a rav.
Thanks for stating this.

While I find this post very interesting, how so many different rabbanim hold, so many frum rabbnim and thereby frum families, just dont ask rabbanim so many questions and dont have so many things that need to be asked about.
I guess that something else that is different among teh many different types of jews, the ones that ask rabbanim everything and the ones that ask the rabbanim nothing.
I literally remember asking our rav a question before tisha bav and before that I cant remebmer asking anything for YEARS. Its just a different way to live. We love opening sfarim and finding the answers ourselves, but its different strokes for different folks.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:44 am
Re reb Moshe and bc, I heard directly from a Talmid who asked him that he rarely gave a heter for any kinds of bc. I find it so ironic that people rely on his psak in other matters when it works for them but they conveniently ask someone else about bc...

Loving this thread. Here's mine:

Bc for two years after birth does not require a heter.

Children do not need to wait at all between milchigs and fleishigs until age 6.

I can wear short sleeved pjs and uncover my hair when niddah as long as I always sleep that way.

Children who are old enough to talk cannot be prodded into acting as your "muktzah [non jew]"

On Pesach, anything that is not actual food, I.e cosmetics, toothpaste etc does not need to be kosher l'pesach.

Keep em coming!
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics