Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you work an "office job" without a degree?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 11:34 am
Do you work in an office and do not have a college degree? What exactly do you? bookkeeping? medical billing? receptionist etc. What do you make per hour? (if you make a salary please break it down to what it would be per hour) and how many years of experience do you have and where are you located?

I am a bookkeeper in Brooklyn with 10 yrs experience and I make $31 an hour.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:03 pm
Office manager with 17 years experience.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:17 pm
I dont see what the point is sating what you make per hour. Usually salaried jobs with less hours pay more to make up for the less hours. Ex a part time teacher getting paid 20k a yr which is essentially 40 dollars an hour but still brings home just 20k a year without really growth for future as it is extremely difficult to teach two full grades with the prep/pta/report cards/parents.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:34 pm
Did Bookkeeping over 10 yrs. Deprnding on where I worked , most I've received was $30.00 no benefits. Paid legal holidays and Jewish holidays and Erev Yom Tov and 10 days sick/ vacation.
Now I chose less stress, in a different position $26.00 per hour. No benefits. Paid legal holidays and Jewish holidays but need to work one day Chol Hamoed and Erev Yom Tov in order to get paid and only get 7 days paid vacation/ sick days. Rockland County

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:
I dont see what the point is sating what you make per hour. Usually salaried jobs with less hours pay more to make up for the less hours. Ex a part time teacher getting paid 20k a yr which is essentially 40 dollars an hour but still brings home just 20k a year without really growth for future as it is extremely difficult to teach two full grades with the prep/pta/report cards/parents.

The hourly rate makes a huge difference. When someone complains they make no money...only 20k a year..well if you are only working 10 hours a week you are actually not doing so bad. If you are working 25 hours on the other hand.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics