Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Still puzzling over chocolate filling for hamentashen

kidhugger

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 4:05 pm
All my best recipes are from here! Thank you all!
Last year I made spelt hamentashen with brownie batter inside, from here. I didn't eat them, but I don't think they were such a hit with my kids, maybe not chocolatey enough....I read on imamother that chocolate chips are not the best to put inside. What do you recommend, without margarine, that's not so complicated, but delicious and chocolatey? This is mainly for kids. If it's store bought, keep in mind that l live in Israel.
I always have a toddler and preschooler "helping " me bake, so less steps are great, if possible. Thank you!!!

juggling

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 4:08 pm
If you're really going to be strict about avoiding margarine I can't help you. However, store-bought chocolate spreads make a terrific filling, as is. The plain hashachar brand is great. You could also use nutella or other flavored types. Or, if you are trying to be healthy, look into the health-food store carob spreads which might (I have not tried this myself) do the trick.

etky

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 4:10 pm
The simplest thing possible: Chocolate spread.
Healthy it 'aint but it's fuss free, doesn't run all over the place and the taste and texture is much better than chocolate chips.
I refrigerate it a bit before filling the hamantaschen so that it's easier to spoon out.

Yocheved_G

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 6:46 pm
Melt chocolate chips with a little water and a drop of honey, stir until glossy & smooth. Let it cool & it’s impressively workable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins