Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Teaneck/Bergenfield

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 9:47 pm
Gut voch,everyone.
We are a MO family with 5 kids ranging from high school age to toddler. I wear pants and don't cover my hair. We are comfortable financially(able to pay full tuition,have cleaning help,vacations,etc),but not wealthy.I am put together but not into brand names.Have no problem wearing a top from Target if it looks cute. We are very friendly but prefer a smaller shul and small groups of friends vs crowds. I have 5 close friends locally and many acquaintances Some shabbosim we go all out and sometimes we just do a quiet pajama shabbos.. We are looking to move to NJ, considering Teaneck,Bergenfield,Fairlawn.Please suggest specific neighborhood and shuls that you think will be a good fit. Please also comment on anything else that you think is relevant. Lastly,please tell me the average price for a 5 bedroom house in good condition(updated bathrooms,appliances,) in these neighborhoods. Is 700 k reasonable? Is less possible?
Thank you

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 10:47 pm
Just curious why are you looking to move if you have a good situation in your current location?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Feb 24 2018, 10:49 pm
Work and school

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 3:16 pm
Noone?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 3:25 pm
Just about any neighborhood will suit you. Try going for a shabbos to see which shul feels right. If you know where you are planning to send to school, you could try getting in touch with parents of kids who will be in your children's classes.

Teaneck is a really easy-going place, and you'll find friendly neighbors wherever you go.

As far as house prices, you can definitely get something in the 700s, not necessarily huge and newly renovated, but there's definitely stock on the market.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 4:51 pm
Any of them could be good - I recommend Fairlawn, it seems to me to be just a bit more laid back in terms of 'keeping up with the Joneses', and the community is a little smaller and more cohesive - there is good diversity there across the MO spectrum with lots of mutual respect, and you would feel comfortable based on how you described yourself. I only know Rabbi Yudin's shul Shomrei Torah (and I really like Rabbi Yudin and the few families I know from that shul), so that could be a good first stop, though there are probably other shuls worth checking out too.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 4:55 pm
I think you can find your niche in any of those places and houses will probably be in that price range , but also keep in mind property taxes are very high in those areas. I know someone who sounds like you describe yourself, with fewer kids though, who recently bought a house in bergenfield and is very happy there. It sounds like a very mixed neighborhood on terms of hashkafa with different should to choose from.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating