Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Sukkah decoration ideas for kids

Sregion28

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 3:22 pm
Does anyone have good ideas for Sukkah decoration projects for kids to do? My kids only have a few days of school before Sukkos starts so I'm assuming they won't come home with a ton of projects. Also, I want to do some projects with them at home, simple things with tissue paper, paint, construction paper- whatever and then I can take the artwork to get laminated so they won't be ruined if it rains. I'm getting an early start since I'm IY"h due in a few weeks so I'd like to get our Sukkah all set up right after Rosh Hashana. My kids are 3 1/2 and almost 5.
Any ideas?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 3:32 pm
collect pinecones with the kids and have them decorate them with glitter and puff paint. no laminating needed, and they hang from the schach very prettily. also, if you have those iron-together beads with pegboards, you can make nice patterns and hang those as well.

HooRYou

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 3:33 pm
Last year I went to a crafts store and bought different sized styrofoam stars, a styrofoam ring and a glittery paint set. I let DC paint the stars and ring with as many colors as they wanted and then I made it all into a mobile with 1 really big star on top, then the ring and then lots of smaller stars dangling. It is great sine any age child could really do this. I saw a package of small foam pomegrantes when I went shopping for the supplies to make R"H cards and I am really thinkning of making a chain with them like we did the stars. Any shape in any configuration would work. Another good idea wold be to give them small pieces of differently colored and patterned paper and let them make a mosaic over shape like a guitar. As long as you have nice and interesting paper they should look beautiful.

luckyme

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 3:59 pm
Great ideas!
HooRYou, Which craft store did you find the stars & pomegranates at?

HooRYou

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 5:05 pm
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Unfortunetly, since I live in E"Y telling you where I got the cut outs probably won't help. Judging by the fact that they seem pretty common around here you should be able to get them too. A regular craft store would probably have the stars but you might have to go the kind of store where a morah would buy stuff for class projects for the pomegranates. I imagine if you take a look around your local crafts store you will easily find inspiration. I always do.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 6:22 pm
hey my kids have always liked the paper chains ... but you might have to cut and laminate strips before you staple them ... not unique but FUN
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics