Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My Shabbos Robe

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 12:58 pm
I spilled grape juice on my robe last Friday night. I hung it up in the shower and the color definatly faded a bit but it's still noticeable. It's that crochet lace that Raza uses. Any ideas how to get it out? I took it to the dry cleaners and it didn't come out. I really want it for 2night...

dewyt

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:45 pm
dunno how u can get it out.....but u can buy Kedem White Grape Juice from now on...hubby works in kedem so I have some exp. with the different types....!

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 2:03 pm
Yuck, white grape juice! never!

dewyt

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 2:18 pm
lol.................okkkkkkkkk....but it doesnt stain! the regular concord is very hard to get out! take it from someone else's experience! unless you got some magic cleaning product! if u do tell me bout it ppl!

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 3:03 pm
uch great, now I'm not going to have a nice Robe for yom tov and shabbos and I'm gonna have to find one like my old one next sunday! It took me forever to find that one and now I've got to do it again!

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:11 am
try oxi clean. It gets everything out. (including red printer ink from a light gray silk tie)

Also machine wash it and hang it to dry. I have found thAT a washing machine does a better job on stains then the dry cleaners. Soak in oxi clean and them machine wash. I have a few raza robes and I have machine washed them all with no adverse effects.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:21 am
Also turn the robe inside out when you clean to protect the lace, bows etc.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 8:45 am
wine and grape juice come out with boiling water. I don't know if this will work after the dry-cleaners, though.

mugsisme

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 7:45 am
Lay the robe on top of your washer or dryer. Pour some water over the stain. Put some oxy-clean on it. Either spritz it or pour some more water gently so the oxy-clean is wet. Let it soak over night. I got ink stains out of pants that way. The pants had even gone through the dryer before I saw the stains. You may have to wet it and re-wet the oxy-clean. This works on colored clothes as well as whites.

Also works on real old stains too.
Leah

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 8:20 am
You can have a tailor remove the lace for cleaning, or for good. Can it be re-attached in a wayh that's easy for you to remove for cleaning?

luckyme

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 9:34 am
Oxy clean is a good product, but can be expensive if you're doing alot of laundry and I have found this to work better on most things.
I saw the recipe online years ago & was desperate- I was shocked at how well it works
It's great for any washable items-someone even said they used it on carpet, although I haven't tried that.
Mix dishwashing liquid soap with hydrogen peroxide. Peroxide will turn the colored dishwashing liquid clear, but will not reduce its effectiveness.
It doesn't have to be an exact mixture....then pour on the stain & let sit as a presoak -it shouldn't take long. Neither of these will work by themselves, you must use BOTH. The stain should begin to disappear as you drizzle the mixture on it...then wash as usual. As a side note, I have never let it pretreat overnight.
I have used it to take large red wine/grape juice stains out of all clothing, table cloths, etc. regardless of the color.
If you are concerned about color loss, as peroxide is a mild bleaching agent, test on an inconspicuous area first -so far it hasn't been an issue for me.
I have used it on old stains, stains that went through the dryer, even yellowed stains (like collar or underarm).
Make sure the mixture is relatively fresh. It will also keep in a bottle in your laundry room to pretreat stains as they come through. If it doesn't get a stain out completely, make a fresh batch & try again - it should do the trick.
Hope it works for you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry