Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
5 month old suddenly not sleeping?

stsmommy

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 9:37 am
my 5 month old has never been a great napper but always slept well at night. for the past week or so he has totally regressed back to how he was as a newborn. up every 1.5-2 hours in middle of the night, screaming, and wanting to nurse. his naps have gotten worse too, they went from 45 min to 30 min if im lucky! has anyone else gone through this? his main problem at night is hes always been a tummy sleeper and is constantly rolling over in his sleep. he learned to roll a while ago though so why did this pop up all of a sudden? any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 9:40 am
teething

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:27 am
OMG, this sounds like me, except my son is just shy of 5 months.

I also think teething, but I'm wondering why he's not like this during the day... could it be because he's gnawing on his fingers and toys during the day?

And I KNEW I should have bought some baby Oragel...

Tehilla

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:27 am
teething
growth spurt
sometimes when about to start a new activity their bodies are so primed for the advancement that they wake up a lot at night before doing a "new thing" like sitting, crawling, etc
ear infection, if you notice other behavior towards not feeling well (G-d forbid of course) has been a reason for one of my kids' sleeping issues after the above reasons.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:29 am
for ds it was growth spurt and teething. During the day, teething doesn't seem to affect them as much b/c they're able to self-soothe with hand or they're distracted with whatever is going on around them.

Tehilla

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:36 am
I found orajel useless, personally. not to say it doesn't work for some! those teething toys that are cold were useless also.

chamomilla homeopathic remedy available in pellets or drops did wonders for us. pulsatilla is another one that's good.

and there was always baby motrin/tylenol for the worst nights.

I had one kid who was barely affected by teething, just for a short period with the hardest ones. my second on the other hand...it has seemed like one long bitter trial for my darling girl. she would get 2 then a week or two later another 2...and it would take weeks each time to get the first 2. oy.

anyway, hatzlacha! it does pass.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:45 am
Generally the growth spurt is at 4 months and at 6 months...

I've noticed Nati trying to sit up when he's reclining in his carriage. He's so cute and gets so frustrated that he can't do it yet.

I've also noticed he has a new 'cry' - he growls during the crying when he's frustrated or annoyed.

Of course he growls without the crying as well just for kicks...

stsmommy

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 12:06 pm
well ive thought he was teething for two monthes now since hes been drooling and putting things in his mouth for that long, lol! he got some oral gel yesterday and it made no difference. I did notice yesterday that he has learned to pull himself into a crawl stance and can crawl backwards for a few paces. maybe thats the cause. I wish he could tell me what ails him!

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 6:02 am
my boobah also seems to be growling at night shabbos she work up as if she was a new born and I noticed she does have two new teeth coming in,she also has a nasty rash which she has never had (she is 10mo). most of the day she is like herself bubbly, she does go down for the naps but...not as smooth as before. I think she is teething though any suggestions??

smiley:)

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 6:05 am
My 5 month ols is going through much the same as OP
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics