Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Walking at work

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 9:17 am
Inspired by another question elsewhere on the site:

I work in a large office. People stop to discuss things in the "halls" of our cubicles. When they see someone coming, they both back up the sides and continue talking while letting someone pass....

Now, this is also an office full of a LOT of men...like 80% men at least. Many times, it will happen that the route I must go down to go to/from my desk, etc. is where one of these convos is happenning and there is no alternate route, unless I want to scale the cubicle walls.

a) Am I being neurotic about not passing between 2 men?

If no, b) what do I do? (I've already contemplated what else I could be doing, but usually the scenario is that I must take that path to continue doing my job..I can't just walk around aimlessly until they decide to end... Also, it would just be so weird to say, "Would you both move to one side?" as this is in the velt, and it would impact a few hundred people who all live in the same floor as me...)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 9:30 am
I think so, but ask your rov or mashpia. Do you have the tsnius sefer written for the workplace?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 4:36 pm
OP here: no, I don't have that sefer. Can you tell me some details about it? is. Title, author, language?

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 5:08 pm
would you ask people to move aside in the subway ... in the street ... the elevator ...

or you could politely say oh excuse me can you move to the side - say it enough times they might just move when they see you

shlumzmum

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 5:54 pm
who says a woman can't pass between two men, I always knew that a man can't pass between two women...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 7:35 am
greenfire wrote:
would you ask people to move aside

a man would.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics