Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does anyone have a not frum/non-jew babysitter in their home
Previous  1  2

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 9:49 pm
anon wrote:
Twizzlers wrote:
amother wrote:
You trust a person with your children but you don't trust them in the kitchen? Something is wrong with this picture. Rolling Eyes

I agree. you're worried she might mess up your dishes...why arent you worried she might mess up your kids? Confused

Please, YOU explain to me the logic. Because it makes no sense to me.

And yes, the pizza store is kosher.

Everyone can caaalm down. I asked advice regarding a specific matter. It doesn't mean I'm brainless with regards to everything else, and I'm not sure why you would assume such.

I'm sorry. I didnt mean anything personal against you. I just have this pet peeve about non frum/non jewish babysitters. people get so caught up about not traifing up their kitchen, but dont seem to mind their kids being raised by non jews.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 10:01 pm
Quote:
I just have this pet peeve about non frum/non jewish babysitters. people get so caught up about not traifing up their kitchen, but dont seem to mind their kids being raised by non jews

I was raised by a [gentile] and it didn't work out too badly...

GAMZu

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 12:50 am
I'd never hire a babysitter who wasn't frum or shared my outlooks on child raising.
But that's besides the point.
If we're talking about the physical well-being of the child, it's possible to trust a woman with that and not with food.
Because she might make an honest mistake or think something is ok when it's not. But she can still be great with the kids. Messing up kashrus is not automatically a planned deed of evil.

That said, I'll repeat that I still think a frum babysitter is best.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 9:17 am
Twizzlers wrote:
I just have this pet peeve about non frum/non jewish babysitters. people get so caught up about not traifing up their kitchen, but dont seem to mind their kids being raised by non jews.

Just try leaving in most other places than big American cities and Israel...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics