Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where should I keep my baby's clothes?

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 7:23 am
My baby sleeps in my room and mainly hangs out in the living room during the day (in her car seat). I usually change her diaper and get her dressed on my bed or on the couch in the living room. the question is where do I keep her clothes? I have a night table in living room next to my nursing recliner and I can keep them their but I might be taking it out of the living room. and I wouldn't keep them in the dresser in the kids room bec thats not where I get her dressed. so for now it just stays in the laundry basket, which isn't practical. please give me practical tips, I'm such an unorganized person. thanks.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 7:36 am
when ds was a newborn and sleeping in my room, I cleared out a drawer of my dresser for him (most of my cloze didnt fit me anyway so they were just taking up space).

now he sleeps in his own room but we dont have a dresser for him yet so I designated a few shelves in my room for his cloze since I dress him in my room anyway.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 7:44 am
hey I got one of those little temporary things ... a foot wide ... 2 feet high with 3 or 4 drawers ... they come in printed cardboard ... and nowadays in nice plactic with colors ... the clothes are small enough and you can move it wherever you need it ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 7:54 am
At some point she will move out of your room but to where?

That's where you should keep h er diaper and changing things. I had a changing table,with shelves, where I kept the kids' things, until they got dressers.

You shouldn't be bending over on a couch or bed to dress and change her - bad for your back..and not that great for the bed or couch, either !

You both need a clean, safe (think rolling away) place for her things.

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 7:59 am
I too cleared out a drawer for my dd clothes till she moved into her own room with her own furniture. Do you have a night table in your room that you can empty for the baby? A temporary 3 drawers sounds ideal if you have the space for that of course. Or as a last resort, I would buy an under-the-bed container to fit the stuff there; but it's not very practical (think - all that bending)

Marion

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 10:27 am
I bought a set of Keter drawers (set of 5). They're about a meter high, and only about 30cm (a foot) wide, so they don't take up very much room. And they have wheels on the bottom, so very easy to move around as necessary. At the beginning I stored everything up to 6 months in there, and as he outgrew things I shifted the drawers so the stuff that didn't fit was at the bottom and the current stuff was at the top and I didn't have to bend down.

Mishie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 10:41 am
I agree with the Keter Drawers idea.
That's where I keep my baby's clothing. and the best thing is it's on wheels and can be moved to any room you're in.

Newsie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 10:44 am
I do Keter Drawers also until they're out of my room and then there's always something else that I can fill the drawers up with

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 2:23 pm
Wherever you change her, or you'll go nuts!
I also did the cardboard drawer thing and cleared out one of my drawers.
And I added hanging canvas shelving in my (rod) closet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics