Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
FIREs ... along the western coast of CA

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 4:28 pm
please keep in mind it's devastating ... and many many people are evacuating and even losing their homes ... my sister says she smells the smoke ... 1/4 million forced out of their homes ...

please daven ... it only take a moment to say a kapital of tehillim ... yet it's so powerful !!!

su7kids

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 4:42 pm
Thanks. I live in S. Diego, and its pretty bad. TG not much LIFE lost, but lots of property lost.

TONS of people evacuated. The air is AWFUL and hospitals have closed. No sooner to the open one area to return home, then another place closes up.

Very little containment. We have a hot wind called Santa Ana here which is blowing now, we have outside weather up to 100*, and big winds.

Keep praying.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 5:00 pm
The fires look so scary. I'm sending my son tomorrow from NY to JETS school in Granada Hills. It seems pretty close to the fires. Are flights flying into L.A. like regular with these fires?

loveit

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 5:21 pm
I haven't heard anything about LAX or Burbank airports being closed, so I think it's fine. I do know that the air in the valley (where Granada Hills is) is very smoky and ashy. It's really awful, just please keep davening!

gryp

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 5:26 pm
Quote:
CBS News has learned U.S. officials will officially declare California's Santiago Fire an arson and offer a $50,000 reward to find the arsonist

drudge

Quote:
PHOENIX (AP) — The FBI alerted law enforcement agencies last month that an al-Qaeda terrorist now in detention had talked of masterminding a plot to set a series of devastating forest fires around the western United States.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/w.....refer

su7kids

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 11:54 pm
GR wrote:
Quote:
CBS News has learned U.S. officials will officially declare California's Santiago Fire an arson and offer a $50,000 reward to find the arsonist

drudge

Quote:
PHOENIX (AP) — The FBI alerted law enforcement agencies last month that an al-Qaeda terrorist now in detention had talked of masterminding a plot to set a series of devastating forest fires around the western United States.

Point # 1 - Santiago is in Chile. We here in the Western United States, the area that is devastated by the fires is called San Diego.

Point # 2 - I think that is BaLONEY. Not one person has discussed arson as being the reason for these fires. The only theory I heard is the high winds blowing power lines and creating sparks, and the area being in a 10 year DROUGHT situation, so very dry.

loveit

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 3:00 am
I was listening to the LA news a day ago and I think I heard them say that they think that one of the fires, possibly by SD were arson, but you're right the rest are just wild fires mostly caused by power lines that fell due to very high winds. BH the winds have calmed down and hopefully progress will be made very very soon.

gryp

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 9:04 am
su7kids wrote:
GR wrote:
Quote:

drudge

Quote:

Point # 1 - Santiago is in Chile. We here in the Western United States, the area that is devastated by the fires is called San Diego.

Point # 2 - I think that is BaLONEY. Not one person has discussed arson as being the reason for these fires. The only theory I heard is the high winds blowing power lines and creating sparks, and the area being in a 10 year DROUGHT situation, so very dry.

Don't ask me why Drudge wrote Santiago instead of San Diego. Perhaps he was mocking the takeover by the Spanish speaking illegal aliens.

It is absolutely not baloney, it is all over the news. I heard it from many different sources including CNN. The FBI is offering a 70,000 dollar reward for the arsonist. I heard they actually caught the first guy (dead) and the reward is for the second guy.

The fires have never been this bad. Everybody is reporting at least one of the fires as arson. If you haven't heard it or read it yet, you haven't been hearing much news. Which is why I posted it here.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 9:09 am
yup ... 1 arsonist dead in pursuit ... looking for others - what a crying shame ... however some of the fire was started by nature ... they just added fuel to the fire according to the news where I am ...

either way ... scary ...

gryp

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 10:24 am
http://apnews.myway.com/articl......html

Quote:
In San Bernardino County, a man suspected of starting a small fire was arrested and another man was shot to death by police after he fled officers who approached to see if he might be trying to set a fire.

Wildfires, burning in seven counties, had destroyed about 1,500 homes and caused more than a half-million people to flee since the first blaze began late Saturday. At least two - in Orange and Riverside counties - have been linked to arson.

Quote:
Orange County officials converged on a remote area of bone-dry brush where a 19,200-acre wildfire has destroyed nine homes. They were aided by special teams from the FBI and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The federal government planned to send more agents from around the country to help with the probe.

Investigators taped off an area they called a crime scene, took photos, collected evidence and recorded map coordinates, according to ATF Special Agent Susan Raichel. Authorities believe the fire had been set because they found three different ignition points within a short distance - a common sign of arson.
A $70,000 reward was offered for information leading to an arrest in the case.

Quote:
In the city of San Bernardino, police shot and killed a man who fled when officers approached to see if he might be trying to set a fire.

The man, whose name was not released, was shot Tuesday night following a chase that ended when he backed his car into a police cruiser and an officer opened fire, San Bernardino police said.

su7kids

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 10:37 am
GR wrote:
su7kids wrote:
GR wrote:
Quote:

drudge

Quote:

Don't ask me why Drudge wrote Santiago instead of San Diego. Perhaps he was mocking the takeover by the Spanish speaking illegal aliens.

It is absolutely not baloney, it is all over the news. I heard it from many different sources including CNN. The FBI is offering a 70,000 dollar reward for the arsonist. I heard they actually caught the first guy (dead) and the reward is for the second guy.

The fires have never been this bad. Everybody is reporting at least one of the fires as arson. If you haven't heard it or read it yet, you haven't been hearing much news. Which is why I posted it here.

an arsonist, I can possibly agree with, but Al Queda?????????? Please, they'd love to take responsibility for the world's tragedies.

And yes, living in San Diego surrounded by the fires, I have the news on all the time.

gryp

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 10:44 am
Quote:
an arsonist, I can possibly agree with, but Al Queda?????????? Please, they'd love to take responsibility for the world's tragedies.
And yes, living in San Diego surrounded by the fires, I have the news on all the time.

And you haven't heard once that they suspect arson in more than one fire?

The article didn't say it was terrorism but brought a possible link. I think it's worth investigating all avenues once you know it's arson. We'll probably never find out the real story anyway, but just something to keep in mind.

su7kids

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 11:05 am
GR wrote:
Quote:

And you haven't heard once that they suspect arson in more than one fire?

The article didn't say it was terrorism but brought a possible link. I think it's worth investigating all avenues once you know it's arson. We'll probably never find out the real story anyway, but just something to keep in mind.

I looked at the San Diego blog that I've been following and it doesn't have that kind of speculation on, only dealing with the reality of rescue and evacuation, and help and conditions in the local area.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 11:11 am
GR those are north of San Diego

Chani

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 1:05 pm
The Santiago fire is in Irvine. It is so called because it is by Santiago Canyon Road. There are multiple fires with various names raging, unfortunately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics