Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Would you buy a shaitel online from a non jewish site?

greentiger

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 8:31 am
Like this for example: http://www.jdcwigs.com/

Has anyone done it? What are the wigs like?

grin

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 8:35 am
I don't know about that site, but I've gotten my every-day ones from Paula Young and even from ebay store. it's much cheaper but a challenge to know what it really looks like.

greentiger

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 8:45 am
They look like really good quality wigs except that they are meant to be glued onto your head. I'm sure it wouldn't be such a problem to sew clips in though to make it removable.

DHGate also sells wigs and I'm wondering if it would really be possible to find something that looks good.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 8:46 am
Well those particular advertisements make me nervous because they look like they're catering to the drag crowd...

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 8:47 am
Oh and they're all "100% Indian Remy Human Hair" ASK YOUR LOR!!!

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 9:00 am
Oh and one more thing, if it's made to be glued or sewn to your head, it's not going to have the same structure as one that is supposed to come on and off. Would it stay on in a wind? Would it have room for your hair underneath?

grin

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 1:59 pm
for crying out loud - I was talking about synthetic wigs, designed to be worn on the head just like the human hair ones, but theyr'e obviously a differint quality, both in wear and tear and looks. but I don't care - I just need something quick and easy to take care of that fulfills the Rebbe's ratzon.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 9:15 pm
I have bought synthetic shaitels online for about 3 years. I have found beautiful synthetic falls that are so inexpensive, yet they look great! The hair is so soft, easy to manage, and easy to wash myself. Each have cost between $60 and $70. And if they need to be replaced, I just go right ahead and get a new one since they are so cheap!

mimivan

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 9:28 pm
rg wrote:
I don't know about that site, but I've gotten my every-day ones from Paula Young and even from ebay store. it's much cheaper but a challenge to know what it really looks like.

It's such a good idea, rg. I think the Rebbe suggested a woman have two sheitels. One reason my sheitel didn't look as good as it should is I couldn't take it to a sheitel macher (couldn't till now becasue I couldn't afford it) because I didn't have a second sheitel to wear while she works with it. Before I would just try to style it at home with not such great results.

It is also a good idea to have a less expens. one as a "rainy day" sheitel.

lubmommy

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 9:35 pm
I once bought a headband shaitel from a shaitel macher in Flatbush. It was synthetic and I loved it for the rain. I wasn't carefull about opening the oven so it got burned.
I found out they sell the same thing online throught these wig websites. I just ordered another one by a different company for about $50. I hope it works out as well as the last one that lasted me about a year.

deedee

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
I have bought synthetic shaitels online for about 3 years. I have found beautiful synthetic falls that are so inexpensive, yet they look great! The hair is so soft, easy to manage, and easy to wash myself. Each have cost between $60 and $70. And if they need to be replaced, I just go right ahead and get a new one since they are so cheap!

so nu which site?

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 10:10 pm
I would not buy a shaitel from any website. Period.

If you are going to do it, check out the return policy before you order.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels