Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Freezing nudel kugel?

meesi

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 7:45 pm
Hi,

I want to make a sweet kugel this week, but I think I am the only one who likes it. Does anyone know if I can freeze the leftovers? I would think not, but wonder if anyone has tried.

Thank you!

Chana

girliesmommy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 6:52 am
I've done it before... once when I was going away for Shabbos. Nobody complained when I got back!

Mommy912

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 7:16 am
I always freeze them: I make a batch every few weeks to use for upcoming Shabbossim. The first week is always the best but the rest taste great too. Make sure you wrap them well so they don't get freezer-burnt.

Yael

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 11:33 am
I've started doing this regularly. every 2 weeks I take a recipe and bake in 2 smaller pans, one pan I cover and put in the freezer for the next week, and it always tastes great the next week too.
a tip I heard once: when you take it out of the freezer do not let it defrost slowly on the counter rather put it in the oven on a slightly lower flame than usual (250?)and let it heat up that way. it will always taste fresh that way.

smile

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 12:23 pm
I always freeze them and no it does not taste different.

queen

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 8:58 pm
I love the freezer and am feeding it constantly.

Tonight I made a carrot kugel 9X13. Half will automatically be wrapped up well and frozen for a diff. week. Never can tell the diff. between frozen and fresh.

potato kugel I'm afraid to freeze for the friday night meal... HOWEVER none the less I DO freeze potato kugel for the weeks I am not making friday night, that I still have what to add to the cholent. (frozen potato kugel in cholent makes no difference taste wise)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen