Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby boy peeing everywhere during diaper changing!!

Nomad

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 8:35 pm
Hi!

My three week old manages to pee everywhere whenever I change his diaper! He is crazy squirmy so anything I try to put on him always falls off mid-change. Any tips???

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 8:37 pm
lol!! DS did the same! Just keep a towel handy and be really quick!! LOL

GAMZu

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 8:43 pm
It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 8:49 pm
Yup, all 3 of my boys did that. Smile

I would put a spit-up shmatte (what are those called again? Rolling Eyes ) over them so they feel covered, until I was ready to close up the diaper.

Oh, the memories before I figured that out.. changing my sheets in the middle of the night... the shock and confusion when you realize everything's suddenly soaked...

Esther23

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 8:53 pm
I just saw something adorable called peepee teepees in Mimi Maternity store in Boro Park. It looks exactly the way it sounds and I think it might be very helpful. If you don't live in Brooklyn try searching for it online.

Yep, it's very hard with these newborn boys spritzing everywhere. It might help to change him like this: Before you open his diaper slide a new diaper underneath and then open him. This way you can protect the sheet/ mattress underneath him from getting wet and also as soon as you see him starting to spritz you can quickly cover him with the diaper in place.

april

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 9:00 pm
There is something advertised on One Step Ahead just for this purpose. It goes over the private part and soaks up the urine if he squirts. This always happened to me too, but after a few months it subsides as they don't urinate much during diaper changes.

mali

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 9:09 pm
try warming up the room and keeping him as covered as possible. it's a natural reaction to cold.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 9:51 am
Those peepee thingamajigs never help. Do you REALLY think he will lie still enough for an object that is not fastened to him to balance delicately all through the diaper change?
Might as well convince him not to pee. It's easier.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 10:05 am
okay ... you take a clean diaper ... hold it under in place before you open the other one then quickly wipe if anything starts spraying you have the first one ready to cover ... and you do gotta be quick & slick ...

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 10:08 am
LOL! This reminds me of ds' first day. We were in the hosp and Dh was changing his diaper for the first time, and so, "oh mimi, oh my gosh, ah!" So I said, "what's the matter????" Dh: "He just peed on his own head!"

Apparently, dh lifted up his legs and he peed downward!!! LOL!!!

As for now, I just held a tissue over it so it would stay warm, and, if he peed, it wouldn't spray everywhere!

Now, if you want to talk projectile doodie, that we can discuss! Smile Think, 4am and I"m up washing my walls...

challi

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 11:02 am
lol with ds, IK had full rooming in the first 24hrs. After the 5th or 6th time of either him or I being peed on, I walked him to the nursery and asked a nurse to PLEASE change him.

She looked at me and said point blank, "Is this your first?" when I answered no, she said "well then, there's the changing table over there, you do it" and walked away. It was my first boy. I almost burst out into tears and was too tired/ embarassed to push the issue. I had no idea that it was normal or what to do about it. That time he spared me lol, but I've gotten much ,much quicker, keep something over and have an extra diaper on hand just in case!

GAMZu

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 12:06 pm
My baby peed on the mohel's hat. Good thing, too. He was a horrible mohel and kept hurting him on his checkup visits for no rewason.

Squash

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 12:11 pm
my baby also peed on the mohel - his face. and the mohel was my father.

my father laughed and said "er vet zain an oisher" he will be rich. the Satmar Rebbe ztz"l said that once when a baby peed on him by the bris. when asked why he said "an oisher hut chitzpa, in er iz shoin a mechitzif" a wealth person usually has chutzpa, and he already has chutzpa. Tongue Out

before you start defending and bashing, bear in mind that it was said 'tongue in cheek'.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 12:48 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

that brought back such good memories thanks Smile

Both my boys did that also, one would giggle when he did it too..

Nomad

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 12:52 pm
ok..so the teepee thing would no way stay on him! (but its cute) and a tissue wont stay on him
but - ive been doing the diaper sliding thing - its been good so far! - thanks!

Helani

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 1:59 pm
I put folded hand towel on top. Since it was relatively heavy and big it managed to stay in place long enough to change him.
I remember when my middle one peed all over my MIL including her face and clothes. It's good she didn't mind. LOL

Esther23

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 11:37 pm
I used to put a folded washcloth on him while I changed him, it's small but heavy enough that it won't fall off and quite absorbent.

Nomad

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 9:21 am
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the tips!

ok - I figured out a good one...

I take an overnight maxi pad. I peel a little bit of the paper off the top so the sticky part is exposed like an inch and a half. then I take the sticky part and put it under his clothes so its sticks to the inside of his clothes. the rest of the maxi pad lies between his legs and doesnt move because its stuck on top! it totally works! and if he doesnt pee, I replace the paper on the sticky and save it for next time.

happy2beme

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 10:56 am
Nomad wrote:
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the tips!

ok - I figured out a good one...

I take an overnight maxi pad. I peel a little bit of the paper off the top so the sticky part is exposed like an inch and a half. then I take the sticky part and put it under his clothes so its sticks to the inside of his clothes. the rest of the maxi pad lies between his legs and doesnt move because its stuck on top! it totally works! and if he doesnt pee, I replace the paper on the sticky and save it for next time.

Nomad, I am crying from laughter here!!!!!!!!!

Just wait when he's 20, & u tell him, u know what I used to do to u! he'll be on the floor!!!!

momo2boys

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 11:21 am
Funny I got "2boys" none of em ever did it to me. I guess I'm lucky, but I can give you an idea, if they tend to pee when the diaper comes off cause of the cold, put a clean diaper under the dirty one, just in case, and just open the dirty one for a second and cover him right back w/ it (yes the dirty one) so that you don't get a clean diaper wet. now after he pees into the dirty diaper he's hopefully done and you can take it off w/o worry and change him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics