Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
GPS info needed, please

RedRuby

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 7:23 am
Hey, I saw on the "what are you getting DH for Chanukah" that GPS's are a popular gift and I'd love to get one for my husband.

He actually ASKS for directions --- I know, what a guy---

and then proceeds to do the exact opposite, since "they don't know what they're talking about" --- I know, what a guy.

So any info about pricing, place to buy/order, features you like, etc. would be much appreciated. We're going away at the end of the month and I'd love to not get all snippy at him in the car.

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 7:30 am
I would recommend from past experience, that you only purchase it at Best Buy, with their extended warranty. I had a Garmin, which we were very, very satisfied, until it was stolen from our car. To replace that, we did the mistake of buying a Magellan, which is not nearly as good. We still paid close to 1000 dollars for it, but they are alot cheaper today. Hatzlacha.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 7:31 am
Quote:
and then proceeds to do the exact opposite, since "they don't know what they're talking about" --- I know, what a guy.

LOL
But if hes really that way, then he'll act the same to the GPS. Cause sometimes they really dont know what they're talking about! and I'm NOT a guy! Wink
(ok, they know what they're talking about, but sometimes they give really weird directions.)

cindy324

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 11:28 am
we have a Garmin, too , and we're very happy with it . The latest tomtoms come with some really cool features, but IMO they're not worth paying close to $500 for. You can get a Garmin these days a Best Buy for $249.

we also had a Magellan first, it wasn't so great, then something happened to it, we couldn't get a hold of the software needed to fix the problem, so Dh bought a friend's Garmin when his friend upgraded to a newer model.

malkie

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 12:04 pm
I got DH the Garmin C340 from Target. It was $280 with tax. It gives the directions (including street name which not all GPS do) out loud, turn by turn.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 6:38 pm
I got the navigon for $99 from staples on black friday. it also speaks the directions outloud including saying turn right on "x" street it doesn't just say "turn right now" so you know u are going the right way Smile also it has traffic updates for free. a lot of other ones have a monthly fee for that. it is normally like 250 though. it is not one of the greatest brands but for the price we decided its worthwhile. we wouldn't have bought it for several hundred dollars. we are happy wiht it so far Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics