Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Gag reflex

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 1:27 pm
Ever since I"m little, I have had a very strong gag reflex. If I find a hair or eggshell etc. in my food, I gag a few times usually and get pale just from being disgusted. I have become so paranoid about these things that I sometimes go through my food with a fork before I eat it. I don't have an eating disorder but I get disgusted so easily. If this ever happens by my mother in law she will think I'm sick. I once ate out by a restaurant and food I was eating was too cheesy and I started gagging and gagging and had to run to the bathroom. Does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome it? It can be really embarrassing..and it is hard for me to be so obsessed about it. Thanks in advance.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 4:15 pm
Anyone? I'll be eating fruits and vegies only soon if I don't get over my disgust at these things..

imaamy

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 8:28 pm
I remember a girl a few years ago who couldn't handle anything with jelly--she was eating cake that had jelly filling and started throwing up in the trash! You probably could benefit from some training from a psychologist--I can't remember what it is called but s/he could teach you techniques to manage your response to foods that bother you. Good luck! Let us know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette