Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Strange email message

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Dec 23 2007, 2:48 pm
I just tried replying to an email that I sent myself today from a friend's computer and the send failed. I received the following reply:

Quote:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

aaaaaaaa@bezeqint.net.il

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 <aaaaaaaaa>... No such mailbox

If there is "No such mailbox" then how did I receive the message I sent myself a few hours earlier? Rolling Eyes

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 23 2007, 4:00 pm
Talk about computer quirks here. I have a problem within the past 30 min staying logged on to this site more then 10 min at a time before it asks me to log back in Rolling Eyes .

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 12:37 am
Hmm... strange.

When I used MSN, I'd get spam, with MY RETURN ADDRESS! It would come up in my contacts section.

Sometimes a spam email wouldn't go through, so I would get a failure notification. The spam people were making it look like *I* sent the email. Creepy...

ArthurDent

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 12:27 pm
Did you just hit the reply button? Or did you type out the friend's email address in the "To:" box? Perhaps you misspelled the email address?

You're right, that sounds very strange. The only other explanation is that when you sent the email from your friend's account, the ISP routed it in a way that a reply to the same address is not necessarily through the same channels.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 2:00 pm
I hit reply. No misspelling there. I had to walk over to her this morning to copy the files to her computer. It was quite warm and sunny out, and I had a chat to her to, so I enjoyed the outing, but... it would have made life simpler to just email it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics