Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Help needed - How do you prepare marinated chicken cutlets?

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 3:54 pm
Can I bake them? How long? They look partially cooked already. Use a rack or no rack? Should I grill or broil instead or is baking good enough? Cover the pan or not to?

Thannnnnnks Very Happy

Lani22

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:06 pm
You can bake them - I would bake about 5-6 minutes on each side.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:08 pm
I bake mine for 45 minutes total at 350 or 375. Uncovered.

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:10 pm
thanks lani, is that covered or uncovered and at what temp?

is it really partially cooked cuz it looks it? is that why it needs less time baking? (I never did this before if u cant tell and I dont want us to starve t'nite)

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:10 pm
thanx chocmoose, do u use a rack or straight on the pan?

BP MOM

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:12 pm
I too bake it for 35 - 45 min , like choco moose.

Lani22

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:15 pm
you bake chicken cutlets for 45 minutes! I bake mine for maybe 15 minutes total- they are baked through no pinkness. Whats the point of cooking more? Maybe the cutlets I buy are thinner so need less cooking......

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:52 pm
I use a thin pan, no rack.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:53 pm
yeah, cutlet I cook at least at 400 (if not in the broiler) turning every 2-3 minutes until cooked through....about 15 min total....cook too much or too slow: they will be dry.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 9:57 pm
timing depends on how much marinade is on the cutlets and how thick the cutlets are. uncovered if you like drier cutlets, covered if you like moist.

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:00 pm
I doubt they're partially cooked. that's really unhealthy!

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:08 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I doubt they're partially cooked. that's really unhealthy!

whats unhealthy?

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:15 pm
partially cooking food for later use.

the internal temperature of the food doesn't get hot enough to kill bacteria, and actually the heat catalyzes the multiplication of the bacteria to the point which subsequent cooking may not be able to kill it all.

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:26 pm
nicole81 wrote:

the internal temperature of the food doesn't get hot enough to kill bacteria, and actually the heat catalyzes the multiplication of the bacteria to the point which subsequent cooking may not be able to kill it all.

oh, I meant that they look whitish instead of pink from the marinating, thats not what you meant right?

Are you saying if I undercooked chicken and then decided to recook it the rest of the way 2 days later - thats no good?

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:27 pm
Oh, the ende result was I baked them uncovered at 350 , forgot them in the oven, remembered too late (45 min) they tasted like cardboard LOL and I'll have to try this again, maybe next month 8) thanx for all the advice, I couldnt have done it w/o all of you Very Happy

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:31 pm
don't worry abt the color. stick a fork in the thickest part and twist a bit. assuming you know the texture of cooked chicken, you shouldn't have a problem with this method Wink

if this ruins the presentation, fill the hole with some marinade.

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:32 pm
red sea wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

oh, I meant that they look whitish instead of pink from the marinating, thats not what you meant right?

Are you saying if I undercooked chicken and then decided to recook it the rest of the way 2 days later - thats no good?

that's fine. what are they marinated in? sitting in citrus can make the food look completely cooked.

and yeah, if you finish cooking the food at a later point, you're taking a risk. if the meat just happens to have unhealthy bacteria on it, which happens from time to time, you can get your family sick from it.

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:33 pm
yeah, it had lemon in the marinade
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey