Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Baltimore?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:23 pm
My husband is off Monday and Tuesday which means we have three whole days together- Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

I need help with ideas of where we can go please, as I don't want us just rattling round the house for three days. Help

It doesn't need to be kid oriented as it will just be the two of us and an infant, who could use some day trips.

My husband likes sports, but not sure there is much along that line, so please help give us some ideas for day trips!!!

Thank you
Smile

amother

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 9:25 am
we used to go to DC alot on vacations, sunday afternoons, etc. I hated Baltimore, but I LOVED DC!!!!

you can do the smithsonian, art museum, national hx museum, all of those are really awesome. theres also the "national spy museum" I think on F st if im not mistaken

you can also try to get into the white house

do you like politics? you can go tour the capital building too...
washington monument, jefferson monument, when I was younger my family went once for chol hamoed, and we did like a bus "day tour" that was pretty cheap and you go to all the "tourist attractions," it was a BLAST

DC is actually a beautiful city its fun to walk around too it might be too cold though for that. lots of nice malls, I only know of one restaurant in dc proper, but there are some in silver spring and rockville which are "on the way"

doesnt baltimore have a football team? I dont know what hteyre called. thats sports oriented, if you would really make such a sacrifice (I wouldnt)

dc has a baseball team that played the mets a couple times last summer when we lived there so we went for the games, and we caught the games where the Orirols(no clue how to spell that one!!) played the yankees.

if you like shopping you can make the trip out to tysons corner its a great mall. its like an hr drive they have saks,neimans, all the ny stores. at first I thought its gonna b so far, but its basically the same distance as jersey gardens...

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 10:59 am
You could drive in to Manhattan for the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics