Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
KosherLamp - do you have it and/or find it useful?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ChavieK

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 10:11 pm
My kids each have one. When it first came out, we were guests in someones house for a friends bar mitzvah. She had 2 lamps in the guest room. Because it was so new she had the info & hasgacha there so any guest should know it wasok.

Mevater

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 12:03 pm
I have it and rarely use it.

For reading, it's not enough light, and for night light use, it's too much!

A night light's 7 watt bulb is more than enough.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 12:05 pm
We pull the entire tube out of the lamp when we want a lot of light and then have plenty of light to read by.

justanothermother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 12:15 pm
Personally I don't like it, but I put it in the room when I have guests. Most really like it and end up buying one. Maybe I should charge comission.

chestnut

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 4:30 pm
roza wrote:
What is your opinion about Kosherlamp? I am thinking of buying it. Is it worth the money?
How and where do you use it ?

not only do I use it on shabbos, but also during the week (when my daughter goes to bed, I leave it on, I read using it, etc). for about 2 years already. the light is not bright, but it's very useful

cdawnr

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 9:49 pm
I love it! I like to read at night but dh has trouble sleeping with light, so this is a great compromise all week long because I can "aim" the light. We also have one for the kids' room to make diaper changing on Shabbas sooo much easier.

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 10:30 pm
Quote:
The shabbos lamp has greatly increased my oneg shabbos. Very Happy

The shabbos lamp has greatly increased my shalom bayis. LOL LOL
Quote:

Yehudis2

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 11:42 pm
I have 2 of them, one in the guest room and one in our bedroom. Its also excellent for use when you're nursing. I highly reccomend it.

funny50

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 11:44 pm
I'm also very happy with the kosherlamp. I got mine as a chanukah present from someone I work for. I use it on friday nights when I read.
before I had the kosherlamp, I either barely read or strained my eyes from reading in the dark. it's the most usefull present I ever got!!

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 10:58 am
For reading, the kosher lamp is really not ideal to be shared by two people in opposite sides of the room, I.e. you and dh sleeping in your beds opposite each other. The kosher lamp does not radiate strong light in the entire room; it is more of a bedside lamp for an individual. For that purpose, it is great and is perfect for well-lit reading.
For general/weaker lighting in the room, I.e. for nursing or changing the baby, it is perfect.

mugsisme

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 12:52 am
My son got one for a bar mitzvah present last year. DH "borrowed" it for a while, and really liked it. When my son wanted it back, I got one for DH from artscroll. I fell in love with it, and now I have one next to my bed too. I use mine every night to read by. I find it is enough, especially when it is aimed towards me. I also love how the room is dark on Shabbos. I can't sleep in a room with any light. I used to have to pull my snood over my eyes to sleep on Shabbos, but now I don't.

I think it is a super invention!
Leah

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 3:55 pm
I do not have one

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Nov 21 2007, 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

hadasa

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 4:15 pm
I have it in the bedroom and enjoy it very much.

cheerios

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 4:16 pm
What I like about the Kosher Lamp is that the amount of light is adjustable. While trying to put the baby to sleep, I put a minimal amnt. of light, but later in the evening, if I need to go into the room to get something, I can turn it to reveal more light (without having to turn on the regualar light). Yup, I use it all week long!

GAMZu

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 10:04 pm
roza wrote:
What is your opinion about Kosherlamp? I am thinking of buying it. Is it worth the money?
How and where do you use it ?

Would you look at that- I clicked "quote" on the kosher lamp website, and I was able to quote the post straight on imamother...

So Yael, did they ask to take the thread?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 10:23 pm
I give it out as presents for my kid's teachers. Usually for chanuka or purim.

freidasima

Post Sat, Jan 05 2008, 4:28 pm
This is interesting, davka I asked ds about it at the shabbos table last night and he answered that he knows a lot of the bochurim have one in yeshiva but they aren't supposed to be sturdy and break a lot. But the Israeli version may be much smaller and different than the canadian/american one I saw on the internet site now...anyone know anything about this?

suomynona

Post Sat, Jan 05 2008, 4:45 pm
where can I get this in Israel?

drumjj

Post Sat, Jan 05 2008, 5:32 pm
I have one and I love it

Tehilla

Post Sat, Jan 05 2008, 8:15 pm
love it! we have one in our bedroom, and the guest room. plan on getting one for the kids' room too. it's been amazing, and a big help.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars