Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Meat or Dairy?

redroses

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:23 pm
Im making a surprise bday party for my husband on sat night. theres gonna be a whole bunch of guys there and I need advice on the food menu. was thinking of doing fleishig like sesame chicken and wings but pple might not want such heavy food after shabbos. should I just do pizza pasta and bagels or you think the guys wont like it??

AGINY

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:31 pm
Depends on the group of guys and where you live (how late it will be). I personally hate fleishigs on motzei shabbos and would do a milchig party, but if shabbos is out early enough that the guys might really be hungry by teh time the party comes around, and if they are the wings/ sesame chicken type, that might go over better.

I would stick with milchigs. Big Greek salad. Fresh bagels with tuna salad, egg salad etc, fresh salads, pastas (wraps if you are ambitious).

Doesn't everyone love a great cup of coffee on motzei shabbos? (and I don't drink coffe Wink )

lst

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:31 pm
I'd say dairy. I think most people (at least the ones I know) prefer dairy on a motzash, even guys

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:34 pm
I would do dairy and pareve in case someone made kiddush late.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics