Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Recipe for salmon

motheroftwo

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 7:08 pm
Does anyone have a good easy recipe for salmon that would go well with Lasagna?
Preferable without sugar or anything taht contains sugar.

Whenever I make salmon it tends to be on the dry side.

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 7:26 pm
My SIL just gave me this recipe but I haven't tried it yet, my brother who is a picky eater loves it she said:

Blackened Salmon

Pam the pan and the fish
cover with Chef Paul Prudhommes magic seasoning (blackened redfish magic is spicy, seafood magis is tamer)
Broil 5 minutes each side until fish is solid

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 7:58 pm
my sister just called me with her recipe for pickled salmon. I havent tried it but she tells me its so easy and delicious (if you like pickled salmon Confused )

1)boil salmon for 3 minutes, take out promptly.
2)mix together 1 cup water, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar
slice two onions, two tablespoons pickling spice
3)pour over salmon and marinate.

I cant imagine this going with lasagna, but what kind of lasagna goes with salmon anyway?

suomynona

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 3:03 am
Make sure you bake it covered! That way it won't come out dry.

This is a very simple & tasty recipe.

Pour lemon juice on the salmon.
add salt & pepper
Slice onions on top.

You can spray PAM in the pan before putting in the salmon & then again on top of the salmon & onions.

Bake at 350 for 30-45 min.

daisy

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 9:19 am
I found some aroracreations fish curry spice at my local health food store.
The trick to nondry fish is not to bake/broil it for too long, you want to get it just solid (flakes with a fork), but not overdone. I have a hard time finding the happy medium - I've read to cut open the thickest part with a knife to see if it's ready. I broil my fillets (thicker kind - from Sam's Club) for about 5 minutes per side.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 7:11 pm
I made salmon fillets in the microwave -- about 2 minutes per slice, but check to make sure they're fully cooked. serve hot - it's yum!

spice with salt, pepper, paprika and cut some onion on top.
easy as pie Smile (easier than pie, actually)

mother of 2 princess's

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 7:51 pm
the trick of cooking salmon without it getting dry is not to cook it for too long. it really dosnt need long at all.

either I do it in the microwave 4 mins for a small slice 6 for a larger peice. add onions sliced, sugar optional, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour boiling water over it.

or in the oven with onions salt pepper lemon juice and oilve oil for 15 mins

manda Very Happy

smile

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 2:13 pm
I first boil the water for twenty min with carrots and onion, sugar, salt and cloves. it gives the water same taste. Then I put the salmon in the hot water. I leave it cooking on high till it starts boiling again and then I switch the fire off. leave it covered till the pot is properly cold or overnight.

lucy

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 2:39 pm
Here are 2 for you:

1) I usually cook it in a non-stick pan or it could be done in the oven. slice an onion, on top put salmon fillets with sliced green olives (or you could omit them) crushed garlic, paprika,a touch of olive oil, a few TBSP of tomatoe sauce, parsely, cook for about 15-20 min.

2) Someone just gave me this one and it's amazing:
Marinate salmon filets in a sesame teryaki sauce. Line pan with sliced onions, then add fish, paprika, crushed garlic, & sprinkle on sesame seed on top. Bake in oven @ 375 degree for about 15-29 min. Usually takes 15 min.

mommy2

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 3:44 pm
Lucy, can u explain that second recipe again? Do u first have to marinate the fish in sauce and how do u make sesame teryaki sauce with sesames and sauce mixed together?

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 4:08 pm
I broil salmon in the toaster oven. A bit of cooking spray on top and bottom keeps it from drying out.
I usually serve this when I'm running late since this is super easy and FAST. I s/t freeze salmon slices (raw)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics