Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Shower- am I wrong?
Previous  1  2

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 12:29 am
lanie22 u got it. I also felt soo bad for the last few girls that I stayed pretty much till the end of the dancing. these poor girls maybe had 5 or 6 girls of a class of 36 .. common on. if u live in usa u can shelp 5 or 6 ladies together and drive down to montreal for one night. then u can drive back after the wedding u can all take turns driving... but no they didnt do it.they seemly had more important things to do. thank goodness I was one of the first to get married or who knows who would have showed up from my class.

Imawoman

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 11:42 am
A friend of mine made me a small bridal shower. It was just her and a few of my closest friends. They collectively purchase a really useful item off my registry, but what I actually liked best was all the little gadgets that they got from the dollar store! I really have been using them in my day-to-day cooking Smile. So that's a great idea for cash-strapped people who wish to give something - even a single item from the dollar store (like a measuring cup) is amazing for the kallah who is starting from scratch!

As for the wedding - I only invited my closest friends. Everyone else was welcome to come for the chuppah and dancing (and some did). Not all friends bought a present, but that didn't really matter for me. Their presence at my wedding was what was important to me.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 12:03 pm
I think what goes around comes around. For many, many years, I always gave nice gifts and then when money got tight, either gave smaller or none at all, but when we started making simchas, we understood that people gave if they could.

For a new baby I like to send dinner or something for a sholom zochor, etc., but if you can't, don't beat yourself up about it.

I tend to give more for a poor kallah, or someome I see on a regular basis. There has to be a cutoff somewhere; it's shameful to go into debt for a gift !!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics