Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Recommendation for Wig Stylist in NW London

amother

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 9:45 pm
Hi! I am a newcomer to the Golders Green/Hendon area.
Can anyone recommend me a good Wig Stylist.

The following are a MUST

1) She should be a nice, helpful person

2) Be very good at cutting (and styling!)

2) Not be pushy in trying to convince me to buy a more expensive wig! and that kinda stuff....

3) Give a good after-care service, meaning that if hashem yishmor there would turn out to be a problem with the wig (as many times can happen) that she would handle the situation correctly and help out appropritately, whatever course of action would be needed, such as sending back to the wig manufactuers etc. etc. and not shrug off her obligation.

Waitin to hear.... names and tel nos please

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2006, 3:34 pm
theres toby in ;hendon, I havnt got her no handy you can email me at mandasweetness@hotmail.com and I can give you her no. I had a prob with a wig and she changed it no probs for a more expensive one and didnt charge me the difference. if you cant find the no emailme. tobys place

amother

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 5:15 am
I was told of a name of a Wig stylist, somebody by the last name of Shlanger.

Is she recommendable ?

Chanie

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 2:35 pm
I know pple who uses chanie shlanger when she was living in Crown Heights and liked her. But I cannot vouch for her, she was classmates with my sister, and I remember her being a very nice person.

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 5:36 pm
my mother uses someone named Gali so dfoes my sister , my mother raves about her, give me a day or 2 to get her number

Ruchi

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 10:14 am
Unfortuantely not to be relied upon. I went to her and was gravely disappointed. I would rather not elaborate why, but from what I have now found out, whoever goes to her, never goes back again and this is the reason why she advertises heavily in the Jewish Tribune and Hamodia, something which none of the other Sheitel Machers need to resort to.

Be careful, stay away from C S

amother

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 1:36 pm
I think Schlanger has just moved out of England.
I went to Gali as a kallah, had no clue what I was looking for, and came away very frustrated. But if you do go there, go to Rifka who works for her - she's great, cuts brilliantly, and really nice.
I bought my first sheitels at Toby before I got married, went back 3 times, and she was so patient when I didnt know what I wanted, even let me take home the wigs to try for a few days and see if I was comfortable with them.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 7:30 am
Dont dare use her. If you will you will regret it, like I and many many people here in England. Absolutely no service, although she self praises herself about service and guarantees. Don't fall into a pit, stay clear.

Always use a sheitel macher on whom you hear positive feedback. Its very important.

LikeMeDoes

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 8:20 am
I don't live in NW London but I used Toby for my first sheitel and it was TERRIBLE. Even when I went back, she couldn't help me much and it wasn't a cheap piece - approx $1500. She's also very busy, you are never the only one she is dealing with so be prepared to wait!
I've heard great things about someone called Elisheva. She may live in Edgware.
If you want to venture to North London, I have a great sheitel macher there!

Abigail

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 10:43 am
elisheva is no good and gali is also not good. yael is very good, dont have her number off hand. also someone I cant remember her married name but she was brachah strom, she is very good she lives on leeside.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 5:27 pm
elisheva is the best. She cut a sheitel when I was three quarters asleep after my weddign and it was great. she also chose one for me to buy when I wasn't there and it was perfect.

dmum

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 5:34 pm
brochele grossberg is her married name. pm me for her number if anyone wants. e/1 I know is happy with her.

RivkaH

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 9:29 pm
Chani Shlanger (020 8458 6031) is in London every few weeks. She comes to London every month with a great selection of new wigs for sale. Her cut and service is the best!

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:30 am
if you are looking for stylist, not to buy a sheitel, a lot of people go to a salon on Finchley Road called 'Sphere'. I had one wig cut with Elisheva and she just cut a 'style' that didn't really suit me. I think a lot of sheitel machers cut similar styles on everyone. The guys (Andy & Michael) at Sphere are professional hairdressers, who do a lot of wigs. they've cut two of mine and I'm really pleased with them. they listen to what you have to say and can figure out what suits you. The number is 8455 5545. if you're getting a cut, use Michael.

chavs

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 11:36 am
I seRifka Meyer in Edgware is great.
I use her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels