Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sippy Cup

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:20 pm
My 13 month old still prefers a bottle, even though we've had sippy cups for him for several months.
I tried a Fisher Price one that I would sometimes leave in his bed, but I noticed it leaked a lot...maybe it depends how he held it? I also bought a less expensive one where you have to sip a bit harder.... but either way, he really does not like to take them anyhow! Isn't it time I start shifting him to a cup?
What sippy cup do/did you use and would you suggest I just wait?
I'm leaving for Israel on Sunday eve and I'm thinking I should just take bottles along if he won't take a cup anyhow.

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:34 pm
My babies use playtex sippy cups.

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:34 pm
a nuby-it has a soft rubbery spout just like a bottle and you have to suck it out-try that for abit and then buy something more advanced if you like.
they sell it at walmart, zellers, and now I've seen it at pharmaprix

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:41 pm
should I get one that has a "stage" on it? And should I get one for his age, or younger? Btw, he doesn't mind straws (thought he ends up with too much in his mouth)...I guess he just prefers an "easier" way to drink
I saw in a "bargain" store near me several types of "nuby's"...which would you suggest?

gryp

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 10:01 pm
we had the "nuby" too and its spillproof as long as the white piece under the cover is in place. but its hard to really get clean without scrubbing and using toothpicks, so I wouldnt buy it again.
anyhow, now we use just the cups and not the covers.

Tovah

Post Fri, Aug 05 2005, 3:59 pm
the one I have the spout is clear like rubber just like a bottle nipple, their are no pieces just the cover and bottle-yes it's spill proof.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Aug 05 2005, 5:51 pm
I bought a Nuby today. Looks good - cover feels like bottle, so hopefully it'll help "wean" him. He's already drank from it...but for some reason he drinks from it and spits out some of the drink...when he did that with the other cup, I thought that too much came out, but this one doesn't seem so. guess he just "likes" that...

1stimer

Post Sat, Aug 06 2005, 5:16 pm
My son won't drink from a sippy cup. He drinks from a bottle or a cup. But he likes to first spill the drink out of the cup and then drink from it. Any tips?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Aug 06 2005, 9:34 pm
he's drinking from the Nuby, guys! thanks! Smile

Tovah

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 11:10 am
that's great! Cheers

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 3:06 pm
I've used at least 3 different brands of sippy cups, and I've found that they all are not so simple to clean. I know it's worse when I leave them for a day w/o washing them embarrassed , but even so, some of the tops have these little crevices that even the tip of my bottle brush can't get into. and using toothpicks is just so annoying!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics