Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Craving the golden arches
Previous  1  2

imokay

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 4:42 am
Quote:
I have tried to make them as thin as I can, but they still taste like home made burgers.

I have never tasted mc donalds so cant really help, but if u want really thin burgers that dont have that home made juicy meaty taste, netzach yisroel, a butcher in b.p. sells them.
my husbad cant understand y I like those thin pathetic tiny pieces of meat, but to me it just tasted much better than those fat juicy burgers.

and everyone else, I was trying to be in a bad mood today (I do this every other monday Wink ) all geared up to kvetch about the alleged snow, and now look what youve done. youve made me smile. the nerve.... Very Happy

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 4:47 am
Kmelion wrote:

Or you could come here to Israel for some Kosher BigMacs...

or Argentina!

mumoo

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 10:04 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
Kmelion wrote:

Or you could come here to Israel for some Kosher BigMacs...

or Argentina!

whose hashgacha is that under, in Israel

chavamom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 10:15 pm
mumoo wrote:
whose hashgacha is that under, in Israel

Depends on the location.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 11:22 am
Im crave burgers ............... but im a vegetarian............. shock

amother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 11:23 am
sorry I crave........

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 2:31 pm
try meatless burgers,

amother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:02 pm
I am also pregnant and on Motzoi Shabbos, I was craving a Taco Bell Bean burrito. Aren't cravings funny? A moment earlier, I was so nauseous I couldn't even look at food, and then I felt like I was going to go crazy if I couldn't get burrito. Well, the next night I made refried beans, put cheese and sauce in a tortilla and made a burrito. It wasn't quite the same but a reasonable facsimile. I have several in the freezer in case the wild craving comes back (it often does)

About the big Mac, could you make very thin burger patties, add soy cheese, thousand island dressing and shed the lettuce?

Making thin fries is another issue...Look in the freezer section of your grocery store?

I know what you are going through!

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:

Make sure you are getting enough iron. Sometimes cravings can tell us what we really need. If you are a vegetarian for health reasons, maybe you could have a burger, because this is also a health issue.

Otherwise, keep taking the iron pills...brown rice and beans are good.

justanothermother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:

I was a vegetarian for 11 years till I was pregnant with my first. I kept dreaming about steak but the thought of actually eating it made me physically ill. After 3 months of very strong cravings, I finally broke down and had a steak - and it was goooood.

mumoo

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:57 pm
why would you be vegetarian if you like meat so much? I thought people went meatless for health reasons or because they just didn't like it

amother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:00 pm
mumoo wrote:
why would you be vegetarian if you like meat so much? I thought people went meatless for health reasons or because they just didn't like it
I can't speak for her (I'm a different amother) but I stopped eating meat because of what the animals go through.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
mumoo wrote:
I can't speak for her (I'm a different amother) but I stopped eating meat because of what the animals go through.

you know that in the kosher system animals are supposed to be treated right, so you shouldn't worry?

Now, if you don't recognize it's right to eat them, it's a halachic problem per se...

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:07 pm
mumoo wrote:

Sometimes people crave things when pregnant they usually would not eat....

justanothermother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:19 pm
mumoo wrote:

Are you referring to my post? I wrote that the thought of meat made me pyhsically ill. I could not understand why I was so strongly craving something that turned me off so much. I did not like meat at all.

mumoo

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:19 pm
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:
mumoo wrote:

you know that in the kosher system animals are supposed to be treated right, so you shouldn't worry?

Now, if you don't recognize it's right to eat them, it's a halachic problem per se...

that's what I was thinking too, ruchel

mumoo

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:24 pm
but then I looked this up online. I am not even thinking about giving up meat, but these answers were very compelling: http://www.all-creatures.org/a......html
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics