Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Palm reading/handwriting analysis

proudmom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2004, 4:16 pm
Does anyone believe in it? I am not saying a non jew doing it, only a jewish person

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 30 2004, 4:59 pm
read all about it!

http://ohr.edu/yhiy/article.php/940

rydys

Post Tue, Nov 30 2004, 5:31 pm
Rabbi Heinemann in Baltimore (head of the starK) knows how to read palms. He used to do it regularly then he saw something terrible on one person (I don't know who or what) and since then he won't.

queenie

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 9:04 pm
I've had my hand writing analysed, I didn't really learn anything. I had a guys handwriting analysed that I was dating once. That was kind of cool. The rabbi that did figured the guy out in a minute. He was right on about his entire personality. The rabbi basically read a shopping list so that didn't really give him any insight into the person.

stem

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 9:24 pm
I don't know about palm reading, but I would never equate it with hand writing analysis. Handwriting analysis is a real scientific method of reading a person's personality by looking at his/her handwriting. It cannot tell the future, nor the past - though sometimes there are indications of past traumas.

Motek

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 10:43 pm
stem wrote:
Handwriting analysis is a real scientific method of reading a person's personality by looking at his/her handwriting.

http://www.straightdope.com/co......html

stem

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 11:29 pm
Handwriting analysis is huge is Israel and Europe and becoming more and more popular in the US. My father is quite famous in graphology and did freelance work for large diamond companies and the Israeli government for about 20 years. He analyzes the handwritings of potential employees and top clearance applicants where he helps determine whether they have certain attributes (honesty, diligence, practicality, etc.) He even does marriage counseling using handwriting where he meets with the couple and helps them figure out where their personalities clash and how to resolve it. He helps people figure out what kind of area of work they should go to, and there is much much more to this topic, it is NOT a myth. Anyone who's tried it could vouch for it.
Motek, that article is very silly, and just proves that Americans are very set in their ways. Did someone with knowledge of this field recommend it to you, or was it just an quick internet search?

queen

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 1:29 am
my question on handwriting analogy is- depending on whether I'm in a rush, using a smooth good pen, tired or the opposite, will have an effect on my handwriting........ so how could one be accurate with their results?

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 4:20 am
that is a good point queen. I was thinking about that one.

stem

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 1:28 pm
That is a great question and it is asked by many people.
To the untrained eye, your handwriting might look different according to your mood, or if you're in a rush, etc. To a professional graphologist, it's all the same. In fact, even if the writing is in a language that the graphologist cannot read, like arabic, he can tell their personality from the flow, weight of the ink, direction of the slant, and much more.

Motek

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 4:57 pm
stem wrote:
that article is very silly, and just proves that Americans are very set in their ways.

Do you have anything more substantial to offer to counter the arguments in the article than insults?

IBR

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 8:27 pm
a girl in my highschool was very into it and I gave her a piece of paper with something I wrote but since I knew what she is going to do it affected my wrtiting so I don't understand because I do write differently with a blue pen than with black. better with blue pen for me. the black ink makes me sad/depressed. also I have noticed that when I m in a good confident mood and happy I wrtie one way and when I m tired or whatever that shows in my writing. also sometimes I write my A's like my father the old russian way but thats not me.

stem

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 8:49 pm
A proffesional hand writing analyst would have no problems with the fact that you have different handwritings for different moods or different colored pens. He usually asks you to bring a few samples anyway, so the difference would only help him understand your personality.

ElTam

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 2:12 pm
Motek, thanks for the links. Both articles were very interesting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics