Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Another Sunday gone to waste

dora

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:18 pm
It's already after 12 pm and I'm still in bed (doing this) there is so much to do but I'm lazy. Every sunday it's the same thing then I feel guilty and try to do too much. HELP!!!

Squash

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 12:24 pm
wow! kewl for you if you have 6 kids (if I'm reading your sn correctly) and you can still be in bed!!!!

I have five and if I get up at 7 am that's late and I risk having my apt look like a tornado touched down in it!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:59 pm
It's 2:00 and I'm still in my nightgown. This is how sundays are here. I never get dressed before 4:00. It's just a wasted day. Confused

Ima'la

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:02 pm
Come on home to E"Y and never waste a Sunday again! Very Happy

dora

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 3:41 pm
ok I got up and baked a batch of hamantashen. now I got into bed again but I have to go out to Home Depot cause the tolet handel broke.
BTW the kids are mostly grown and out of the house, even got 2 grandchildren ba"h.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 5:06 pm
I made half my armoire pesachdik today and went out shopping for 2 hours with my DS.

I takka didnt cook fresh supper nor washed laundry, but I think 3 shelves in teh armoire is a big accomplishment.

OP, you can do it!! You can still do something tonight, the day isnt wasted.

rikismom

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 5:47 pm
We all need a lazy day! Many of my Sundays are spent doing nothing special, just relaxing and spending quality time with my kids. I'm busy all week working and running errands.

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 5:56 pm
Sunday is my day to sleep in! I slept till about 10 this morning, got up, had breakfast, spent too much time on here, and then we took the kids out on a trip to a castle which has an adventure playground in the grounds.

I did get some food shopping done though.

LibraMommy

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 6:08 pm
Our problem is we don't know how to go out with all 3 kids. We used to go out every sunday before the baby was born. Now, it's like, if we shlep them all out, they will sit in the car most of the time. What good is that for them?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:06 pm
I hate sundays thats why I work

AGINY

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:13 pm
Raisin wrote:
Sunday is my day to sleep in! I slept till about 10 this morning, got up, had breakfast, spent too much time on here, and then we took the kids out on a trip to a castle which has an adventure playground in the grounds.

I did get some food shopping done though.

Raisin, where do you live, and what is the name of that castle? Sounds like fun.

leomom

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:49 pm
I also slept in a bit today... hung around with my kids... went out to a meeting while my oldest babysat. Came home in the late afternoon feeling like I had neglected the kids today -- and found out that my husband had stopped home to take two of my kids sledding! Very Happy That made their day! I was so inspired that I decided to bake cookies with my kids (two kinds) "to thank Totty for taking you sledding!"

When he came home from work in the evening and saw the cookies and a sweet thank-you note from our daughter, he said, "So, I AM appreciated!"

I think he spent maybe 45 minutes with them sledding down a nearby hill. Cost: zero. I spent about half an hour baking cookies. Also free (well, we had the ingredients already).

And what else did we do for fun today? I played the piano and my kids did "ballet." Yay for free fun!

You can wake up late and do any of these things. One of my kids kept telling me how much she loves me and how much fun we had today. My son went to sleep happy and without any of his usual "shtick." Amazing what some simple quality time can do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics