Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you worry if you're a ger
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a geyores, and I think that even if I were to have "fears" of what would happen to my nonjewish family, that it would be like me fearing anything else unknown about geula...and really be my yetzer hara keeping me from living geuladik.

I guess that is the way I usually think; but sometimes I worry.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 8:45 am
I have such respect and admiration for gerim.

From what I understand, the Torah has much respect for gerim and according to Jewish Tradition Bnei Noach and chaside Umos Haolam will get their just rewards. All evil people( or people who do evil things) will be punished, be they Jews or non Jews.

I'm sorry that gerim have to go through the anguish of worrying about their families in the time of Moshiach. May he come SOON !!!

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:00 pm
I am a giores and I always thought that the righteous among the naytions were going to live and serve us (but not in a bondage kind of a way bc it will be there pleasure.) If my biological parents and fam are not righteous then I really don't care. It's their fault for not keeping sheva mitzvos bnei noach.

daisy

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 9:36 pm
amother wrote:

Yes. But, we can never be sure of anything and it makes me sad when I hear people put them down - I don't know anything!

{{{{hugs}}}}}
People can be so mean and insensitive. Sometimes they don't even mean it or realize what they are saying. No one can be sure about anything. Not about Jews, nor non-Jews. Everyone's neshama has their own cheshbon with Hashem. I remember learning that when Moshiach comes we will all understand the big picture. Iy'H everything will be OK. We just have to have believe that.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 7:19 pm
firstly tchiyas hamaysim will be in 3 stages. first the jews of israel, then the jews in diaspora and last the non jews. ALL will know Hashem is One.

giyorim, I heard a beautiful dvar torah: that it is Jewish Neshama that came down in 'body of a [gentile]' It is improbable that a [gentile] would even consider becoming a Jew, as they want hefkeirus.... the only ger is one with a Yiddishe neshama but previous gilgul was forced against their will to convert (ie moranos...) and since they became 'non jews' at 'gun point' and it was not their choice, they are given a chance to come back to this world to be mesaken/fix this pegam and CHOOSE to be jewish!

so, dont worry, if u are a ger, you DO belong to Klal Yisrael and definately have the Neshama of a Jew, which is different than that of a [gentile]. did you know that in bone marrow transplant, a jew can ONLY get a successful transplant from another jew? we have diff genes, as it is known that Kohanim have special DNA which too, is diff than jewish levi or yisrael!

however, Hashem realizes the position of a ger, and thus it is a mitzvah and chiyuv for us to be especially kind to gerim, yesomim, almanos since they dont often have family to lean on. BUT, you've got your Father in Shamayim as your Father/Mother/Family! and we love you!

cdawnr

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
firstly tchiyas hamaysim will be in 3 stages. first the jews of israel, then the jews in diaspora and last the non jews. ALL will know Hashem is One.

giyorim, I heard a beautiful dvar torah: that it is Jewish Neshama that came down in 'body of a [gentile]' It is improbable that a [gentile] would even consider becoming a Jew, as they want hefkeirus.... the only ger is one with a Yiddishe neshama but previous gilgul was forced against their will to convert (ie moranos...) and since they became 'non jews' at 'gun point' and it was not their choice, they are given a chance to come back to this world to be mesaken/fix this pegam and CHOOSE to be jewish!

so, dont worry, if u are a ger, you DO belong to Klal Yisrael and definately have the Neshama of a Jew, which is different than that of a [gentile]. did you know that in bone marrow transplant, a jew can ONLY get a successful transplant from another jew? we have diff genes, as it is known that Kohanim have special DNA which too, is diff than jewish levi or yisrael!

however, Hashem realizes the position of a ger, and thus it is a mitzvah and chiyuv for us to be especially kind to gerim, yesomim, almanos since they dont often have family to lean on. BUT, you've got your Father in Shamayim as your Father/Mother/Family! and we love you!

amother above I think you misunderstood, the concern is about nonjewish family

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 9:33 pm
cdawnr wrote:

Anyway, my dh is a ger and my big question has always been -- if he is a ger and I am a bat-Levy, where are we going to live???

I have this question too. Has anyone heard a miforash on this?

Amother above who misunderstood, I love your story.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 22 2008, 7:27 am
this could be asked of any marriage of different category? bas Levy and Cohen, ger and Israel... no?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 22 2008, 7:52 am
Ruchel wrote:
this could be asked of any marriage of different category? bas Levy and Cohen, ger and Israel... no?

No, you live by your husbands shevet.

But where do geirim get to live?

Is it different if they marry a wife from a shevet and not a giyores?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 22 2008, 8:13 am
ok I see! but how do people of different shevat visit relatives in other shevets anyway?

zigi

Post Fri, Feb 22 2008, 8:29 am
I think that they live in the cities with the cohanin who also didn't get land

cdawnr

Post Fri, Feb 22 2008, 10:58 am
zigi wrote:
I think that they live in the cities with the cohanin who also didn't get land

we just had this conversation again with some people (also a ger who is engaged to a bas levy so we were joking about it) and that was the answer we came up with, in the special cities. Good thing dh is a city guy! lol

amother

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 1:08 pm
I learned that gerim are from jewish descent(we were also at mt sinai)we went thru gilgulim and when moshiach comes ,we will go back to the tribe we are from.as far as family is concerned who aren't jewish.well it isn't too late to teach them about sheva benai noach,also when moshiach comes they will have an opportunity to say we accept Hashem as the one and only,so dont worry,I dont Tongue Out
I sent my immediate family everything I could find

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 7:57 pm
do we really know?

I have always learnt that the good non jews will be our servants. if youre a ger then u are a yid!

cdawnr

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:23 am
They will "serve Klal Yisroeal" or be "our servants"

I am curious if the osurces say that they will serve klal yisroel but we taken this idea as be our servants. There is a difference, in my mind...I haven't doine any research, but in my mind the first seems more true to a Torah mind frame than the second.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:25 am
I agree.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics