Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Self-disclosure, when, how and to whom

roza

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:16 pm
How you know the difference of when to disclose personal, intimate information and when not to; also who do you disclose intimate information to? Are there times when such self disclosure has a positive effect?

Personally, I try to avoid disclosing personal and intimate information. But then, may be it can be beneficial, as when there is an issue which needs to be worked out. In this case I might disclose intimate or personal information to a qualified person such as a mashpiah, rabbi or frum therapist. Then again, how much is too much?
Any other thoughts? How about here on imamother forum, does this kind of self-disclosure have a positive effect on you as poster or as a reader?

Abigail

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:27 pm
from personal experience I very seldom give out any personal details here on imamother, it can (and has) backfire!! as for talking to a rabbi, I think that if its important then why not say. just my humble opinion
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics