Home

Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Report offensive ad

pinktichel

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 11:52 am       Post subject: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
I think the recipe I'm looking for is in there.

Not sure what it's called but it's a sweet noodle kugel in a bundt pan with a sugary pecan topping.

Can anyone help me? I really don't want to shlep the baby to my mothers house to look it up.

TIA.

Mevater

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 11:58 am       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
Do u mean Lukshen Kugel w. Wlanut Topping?

shopaholic

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:11 pm       Post subject:
I have it. Call me when I get home.

pinktichel

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:18 pm       Post subject:
I'm sure it uses pecans....

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:23 pm       Post subject:
I call it the pupa cookbook.

cindy324

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 3:06 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
This is the only recipe in there, no pecans. But here it is in case you want it.

Lukshen Kugel with walnut topping

1 12 oz. pack med. noodles
8 egg yolks
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 vanilla sugar
3/4 cup oil

Walnut Topping

8 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 cup ground walnuts
3/4 cup breadcrumbs

Cook and drain noodles. Mix the rest of ingredients. add drained noodles to mixture and mix.

Pout batter into 16x10 baking pan. Bake at 350 20-30 minutes. until somewhat firm.

Topping:
Beat whites with sugar on high speed until stiff. Add walnuts and crumbs and mix gently. Pour mixture over semi-baked kugel. Bake an additional 45 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with confetioners sugar.

pinktichel

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 3:16 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
cindy, thank you so much for taking the time to type it for me...

my sister just informed me that the one I'm looking for is in the Kosher palette I but she can't find the cookbook in my moms house. Trying to get hold of my other sis.

pinktichel

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 4:06 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
Got the recipe.

Thanks RuthAnne!!

Mevater

Post Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2007, 10:30 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
pinktichel wrote:
Got the recipe.

Thanks RuthAnne!!
It sounds good. Can you post it ?

pinktichel

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 11:06 am       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
Topping:

1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. dark b. sugar, firmly packed
1/2 c. marg, melted

Kugel:

1 16 oz. pkg. noodles, boiled and drained
6 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan very well with cooking spray. Combine topping ing. and spread evenly in bottom of pan. In a separate bowl, mix all kugel ing and pour on top of topping. Bake for 1 hr. When cool, tip over onto serving dish.

amother

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 11:08 am       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
Can't wait to taste it!

atlastamom

Post Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:06 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
what kind of noodles did you use pinktichel? egg noodles? medium or fine?
tia

pinktichel

Post Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:42 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
medium

Chaya4

Post Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:45 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
this sounds more like a dessert than a side dish!

pinktichel

Post Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:48 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone have the Balabuste Cookbook?
it's not as sweet as it sounds.... it tastes great and is very easy to make!
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1