Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Moshe entering Eretz Yisrael/Rebbe going to E"Y

proudmom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 6:54 pm
My DH went to a shuir yesterday and he was telling me that the reason for Moshe not going into Eretz Yisrael is because then the Bet Hamikdash wont be able to be destroyed. Anything that a tzaddik touches or even enters that place cant be destroyed. So my question is, Is that the same reason why the Lubavitcher Rebbe never went to E"Y?

Please ladies dont make this thread be out of control. I am asking out of curiousity not to make any fights against others.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 7:21 pm
very very good question proudmom. But if Im familiar with my studies I dont think ANY of the RAbbIEM went to Israel.. Motek or anyone out there who can, correct me if I'm wrong.

gryp

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 7:43 pm
the Friediker Rebbe went to Israel in 1929.

The Rebbe never went and it was understood that the reason was that there was too much work for the Rebbe to do here in Chutz La'aretz.

Some people are under the mistaken impression that the Rebbe didnt "care" enough. if they would only know how many times the Rebbe spoke about Eretz Yisroel, emotionally, forcefully, and crying.

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 8:05 pm
2 things I want to say:
Quote:
Anything that a tzaddik touches or even enters that place cant be destroyed. So my question is, Is that the same reason why the Lubavitcher Rebbe never went to E"Y?

a) Though I feel the Rebbe was the Moshe Rabbeinu of our generation yes, but maye some others feel their Rebbe is too..... then what about those who went to visit or even live there?
Quote:
Some people are under the mistaken impression that the Rebbe didnt "care" enough

b)Yes he sent loads of his prized shluchim to encompass and help out both physicaly and spiritually the masav in Eretz Yisroel.

As far as I know the reason was b/c he was needed in Chutz Laeretz

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2005, 8:39 pm
RG wrote:
the Friediker Rebbe went to Israel in 1929.

Thanks RG!! I told my husband that the F"R went- I was right but I wrote it wrong Smile

1stimer

Post Sat, Aug 20 2005, 2:25 pm
Quote:
Anything that a tzaddik touches or even enters that place cant be destroyed.

Does this have a source? What about all the tzadikim, past and present that lived in ey? The Tanaim, amoraim, rishonim, acharonim, etc. The statement about Moshe applies ONLY to moshe rabeinu AFAIK.

proudmom

Post Sat, Aug 20 2005, 9:05 pm
You see with Moshe Rabbenu. Hashem didnt allow him to go into EY because if Moshe went into EY the Final Bet Hamikdash would have been build. So when the jews sinned Hashem wouldnt be able to destroy the bet hamikdash but he would have to destroy the Jews. the source for this is in THE MIDRASH SAYS

and for anything a tzaddik touches I have to get the source for that. I will have to ask my dh. so I will get back to you on that.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Aug 20 2005, 9:40 pm
It's not anything a tzaddik touches. It was moshe in particular because Moshe is netzach.

proudmom

Post Sat, Aug 20 2005, 10:55 pm
de_goldy wrote:
It's not anything a tzaddik touches. It was moshe in particular because Moshe is netzach.

Degoldy look what I wrote

Quote:
and for anything a tzaddik touches I have to get the source for that. I will have to ask my dh. so I will get back to you on that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics