Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Shabbos bday party-question

RedVines

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 11:43 am
I have a question, My son is turning 6 on shushan purim which is on shabbos this year. He would like a shabbos farbrangan. Do I send out invitations? or should it just be announced at shul (small chabad house-where all the kids could come to my house) he also has 2 kids in his class that would end up driving....we have had guests that drive before, but something makes me really uncomfortable about this instance. Do I leave it to a shul thing or what....I dont know!!

please advise!

rikismom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 11:45 am
why not. sounds nice

RedVines

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 11:52 am
why not what...invitations or not? kids who will drive or not?

louche

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 11:55 am
Since you know there are kids in his class who would drive, why are you considering sending out invites? If you can manage hosting all the kids from shul, and you make it a shul thing rather than a school thing, no one needs to be offended. Do you have to have all the kids from shul? Why not just those who are closest to ds in age? Then you would send invites and not announce in shul.

BTW it's recommended that you have only as many kids as the child's age in years, so ideally you'd have 6 kids max.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics