Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Which MAGAZINES do you read??
Previous  1  2  3  4

bigmomma

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 9:19 am
I read Good Housekeeping, Prevention, Reader's Digest. I also like Real Simple and of course the Nshei Newsletter. Good Housekeeping is my definite favorite, it's very well rounded and has alot to read.

bashinda

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 10:18 am
I read N'shei Chabad Newsletter

and I just started reading Bina magazine. I thought I wouldn't like it. I was getting Hamodia daily and why get another magazine. Also I couldn't finish the Hamodias. Then I figured I'd switch to the weekly and get the magazine instead and if I don't finish it in time it's not like it's outdated a week later. I always wanted a frum Lady's Home Journal and this is almost it. The only thing I don't like about it is it can still be too makkif for my liking (a page-ish article on sourdough and absolutely no resources listed on how to actually make a starter and the article about the place setting last week didn't really tell you how to make the nice place settings pictured in the article) and the overpriced kitchen gadgets ($28 for a chicken mallet? Okay it looks nice but still! Overall it's so nice to have this. I love the Libby Lazewnik serial -B"H it's a family drama that's actually interesting and funny sometimes. Anyway overall I'm very happy with this magazine.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 9:21 pm
I finally got Bina, mIshpocha, and the HaModia, and saw what all the fuss was aboaut!

Chani

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 1:32 pm
We read A LOT of magazines

Binah
Mishpacha
Jewish Observer
Horizons
Hamodia

US News and World Report
Newsweek
Atlantic
Harper's
New Yorker
Fortune
Wall Street Journal
National Geographic for Children

And a whole bunch of professional journals related to law, insurance, and auto industry

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:02 pm
I used to get enough mags to stock a dr's office with. then I decided I'd rather buy a few seforim each year.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:09 pm
Oh I loved Atlantic! And I use to get World and I and Scientific American...can't afford it.

Chani

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:48 pm
We all read a lot - my husband, oldest son and I read dozens of books each month - some sefarim, some fiction, some nonfiction... It's the only area where we really splurge.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:16 pm
When I cancelled my subs I said I'd read them online...and then never did. I assume you can get them at the library, but again, I never asked . . .

Aimee

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:25 pm
NJP, Domino, Parents, Child (but it's no longer in print Sad), American Baby, Vogue, Gourmet, Family Fun

I really, really like magazines Very Happy but once these subscriptions run out, I don't think I'll renew some of them. DH is sick of tripping over the stacks!

lakewood mom

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:33 pm
I love the Yated. I happen to read the Parenting magazines. Although it's not a "Jewish" magazine- it's clean and very informative.

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 7:49 pm
I read Binah and Mishpacha and Hamodia and Horizons.

Occassionally the JO and Spirit!

I used to subscribe to Parenting but I didn't want any secular mags anymore so I canceled.

CAYA

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 3:04 pm
BINAH, MISHPACHA, HAMODIA.......

zigi

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 4:14 pm
bina
mishpacha
achictectual digest
this old house
martha stewart living

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 10:19 am
amother wrote:
Sonniboni wrote:
What is natural jewish parenting?

http://www.natural-jewish-parenting.com

Definitely not just for natural types, despite the name. It is for all Jewish parents.

Anonymous because of self-promotion. 8)

I always thought that you could not advertise on her without paying Yael!!! Sorry if you do but if you don't it's not fair on Yael and imamother to advertise for free!!!

kidzless

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:19 pm
HI IM WONDERING IF SOMEVARY HAS OLD `HOLAM AHASIDUD` MAGAZINES IN HEBREW.I IM INTERISIT IN BUY A FEW ,THANX
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room