Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Cell phones, babies & lectures

shopaholic

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 11:32 am
I went to a very informative lecture last night & before it started, they asked everyone to turn off their phones. Granted, most people came in after it had begun, but the phones kept ringing every 2 minutes!!!! Even if you weren't there when they made the announcement, it should be common sense to turn off your phone when you come in. DH said the ringing was all on the ladies side.

Next, a couple of women had carriages. I only heard one voice. It was a baby babbling sounding about 10 months+. Very disturbing, very annoying. This lecture was not mandatory, but important for everyone to attend. Still, if you have to come with a baby, don't come! So you'll miss out! I've missed plenty of things when my kids were babies. I've had 3 kids & never took any of them to any public events as babies (except one wedding of a friend). Either I got a babysitter, or stayed home.

Just my vent! Thanks for listening.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 11:41 am
Anytime I do go to a lecture and there are babies making noise, as long as they aren't screaming then I am fine with it. Acutally as long as the parent doesn't ask me to hold the baby I am fine with it. Babysitters are expensive and I don't having any family to watch my kids so its pretty sad that I basically miss out on all those types of events. I can't remember the last time I went to a lecture like that one. It would have been nice. I personally don't bring my babies to those types of events because I am taking care of my baby more than being able to listen to the actual lecture.

rikismom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 11:42 am
You're absolutely right! I get very annoyed when ppl have their cell phones attached to them 24 hours a day. I understand u might have an emergency , but use text message instead.
As for the baby situation I agree with u about that too. Wink

mimivan

Post Tue, Mar 04 2008, 5:58 pm
I think very small babies come if the mothers have the consideration to leave as soon as they make a PEEP!

I have gotten women shooting daggers through their eyes at me when I come in with a baby...I respond to their unpleasant looks by saying "If the baby makes noise...we're going out." I sit right next to the door and don't disappoint on this issue....

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 7:18 am
As long as I can hear, babies don't bother me, on contrary. But again, in some countries there are so many babies, and here... not. So I don't make motherhood harder for mothers by expecting them at home...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette