Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Indoor Playground for Infants/Toddlers in NYC

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 11:45 am
Does anyone know of an indoor playground that would work for my granddaughter, who is 10 months old? I know about McDonalds' but obviously that wouldn't be appropriate.

Preferably one open on a Sunday.

Thanks.

qeenB

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 3:34 pm
the brooklyn childrens museum had a totaly tots area that was very nice. they are now closed for renovations and will open again I hope in may.

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 4:21 pm
Hall of Science has a toddler area and is in queens. They are really packed on sunday.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 4:26 pm
funtopia in queens has a very small area for small children, but it's not much better than kids n action. what's wrong with kids n action?

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 4:42 pm
I called Kids 'n Action, and firstly got a very snotty person who hung up on me and when I called back, she said its more for walking kids than crawling kids, and she didn't think we should come!!

What kind of business is that?

timeout

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:01 pm
SU - It really is not for crawling kids most of the activities a small roller coaster, a car that drives on a track a train all for walking children that will stay on the ride.

There is also a whole climbing area for big kids my 3 yo who's very girly was petrified to go by herself.

There is a teeny tiny area for crawling children very small, and the crawling child will not want to stay there (not enclosed).

The woman is probably snooty since alot of woman just drop off there kids and come back 2-3 hours later and they get annoyed.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:08 pm
all these indoor playgrounds have very little for toddlers - just a small softplay area with some balls to throw around. If kids n action is nearby, no use traveling far.

go to www.kidsnaction.com to find out more.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:18 pm
Timeout, people leave their kids there alone?? That's nuts! I can't believe it. How old are the kids?

Also, they don't charge for kids under age 1. So I guess she was snotty because you'd be coming for free? Dunno.

Maya

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:23 pm
I once looked up indoor playgrounds in NYC, and got something in the Greenwich area, I think. Google it, and you will find some.

Nikki

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:37 pm
What about Chuck E. Cheese. My kids love that place and they have stores all over. Every time I go I am amazed at how cheap it is. I come out spending less than $10 for a few hours with two kids. Check them out on line and see where the closest place is for you.

bigdeal

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:44 pm
the aviator in brooklyn it not only has a jungle gym and fun crafts and stuff stuff with supervision ( for dollars an hour) it has ice skating ( you can call for Mommy and me classes) and a bsketball court- its a great indoor place- dh takes my dd tehre every Sunday in the winter

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 8:00 pm
Chuck E cheese in the atlantic mall has a nice area, and chelsea piers also has a very nice indoor playground specially for toddlers. I spent days googling 'toddler indoor playground' and found a few places, but none of which were open late motzei shabbos so they werent shayich.

I wish we'd have a gymboree in williamsburg.

el2cg

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 9:48 pm
CMOM- childrens museum of manhattan - great place for small children and toddlers...I went there with my 2 and 3 yr old, and they had a great time.
hits and hoops has soft play, however I was never there

pina colada

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 10:08 pm
Chuck E Cheese is a great place but I don't think they have a play area for little kids. They have nice rides but I don't think anything really appropriate for a child under one.

chayitty

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 10:30 pm
biggy...u ever play bball at avitor???? is it a thing a woman can do there? id love to go play if they have something for woman...I know my nefew is in a league and he plays there a lot on motzei shabbos

Nikki

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 12:09 am
Chuck E. Cheese has a small section that is free with a slide and climbing area. They actually have two one for big kids and one for little kids. Also some of Chuck E. Cheese's rides a ten month old could go on.

zigi

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 11:01 pm
where is chucky cheese? do you feel wierd going in there?

yedidya's mom

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 12:44 pm
we go to the childrens museumin manhttan a lot- its on 83rd. between broadway and amsterdam on the upper west side. its 9 dollars per person including kids but kids under 1 are free. but it gets very crowded on sundays.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 11:55 am
timeout wrote:

The woman is probably snooty since alot of woman just drop off there kids and come back 2-3 hours later and they get annoyed.

shock Mad Really?

timeout

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 1:44 pm
Really Truly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries