Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Problem with Section 8 tenant-any advice?

Cdlf

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:36 pm
I have a problem with a section 8 tenant who doesn't pay his share of the rent. Does anybody have experience in this situation?

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:10 pm
the problem here is that you can not take legal action because the law does not allow to charge more than what section 8 approves. I know though that most jewish ppl with section 8 tenants do have another fee for the tenant, but if your tenant does not cooperate, you might have a problem.

MahPitom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:52 pm
Be happy you’re getting half.

Cdlf

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:35 pm
He's not giving me the tenants' share that is documented. I'm not even talking about the extra $175-.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:43 pm
I emphasize with you, difr. I don't have any advice but many years ago, I was in this situation. I couldn't get them evicted so I had to find another place for them to go. This is why I no longer accept Section 8. I feel that the quality of the people is better - more honest, respectful, kinder etc. when they are not on Section 8. I know so many will disagree with me but this is from my personal experience over many years. I find the Section 8 recepients to have a bad attitude and a sense of entitlement.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 10:28 pm
I had this problem and called social service. They told me I should send the tenants a registered letter and then social service a copy. and they will take care of it. But in the end they paid.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 10:19 am
well his section 8 share he really has to pay so if it doesnt go in the nice way u need to report him.....I think

nishtikeit

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 2:32 am
I have friends who have been in situations where they did not have money for rent. Boruch Hashem, their landlord was patient and didn't throw them out. If you or a relative was in the same situation, you would probably be more patient. Maybe your tenant doesn't have the money for rent. Ask a rav what to do-maybe you can take your maaser money and apply it to the rent that is owed.

shany

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 10:47 pm
Take them to A Din Torah.
Or dont renew the lease .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics