Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help, I'm panicking

mom21n2

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:36 am
It looks like everything will have to wait until Thursday night/Friday morning. Once again, I got nothing done in advance.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:37 am
it's not so bad. it's a long day.

dewyt

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:37 am
dont worry, youre never alone! half my stuff for shalach monos is still in my husbands car which doesnt help me in NY when his car is in NJ! its all prepared on the table but only half ready, so I cant wrap till late tonight or tomororw morning!

Rivky

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:39 am
GREAT! That makes 2 of us!. My stuff are not either wrapped up yet. All in the house, but can't do it until tonight/tom. morning. Gota be refrigerated.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:43 am
well last minute always works for me ... I have a minhag of making hamentash late into the night ... mmmmmmmmmm fresh and tasty ... what else do you need besides a little booze ... Clown Drunken Smile

you're never alone ...

tovasmom

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 11:44 am
Nothing is wrapped. I gave the job to my teenage dd who is home early from school today -- we'll see of sho does it. And we are home for seuda and shabbos with company and no cooking has been done yet, help!

Starhavah

Post Fri, Mar 21 2008, 5:34 pm
I am so glad you posted this thread. I made a roast for Shabbat lunch last night in the crock pot. I put it in the crock pot after shul last night. DH, DD and I assembled MM this morning starting at 6am and DH delivered while I cooked the seduah. We had my inlaws and DH's sister in law and nephew and neice for the suedah. The house was not as clean as I wanted and everything was last minute and crazy but it all got done and now all three of us are collapsing waiting for Shabbos to start.

I was just on the thread of the MM pictures and I was thinking that I really did very little, starting to feel inadequate. Coming to this thread reminded me that most of those women probably live in NYC and do not have jobs. I barely have time for all of this stuff.

Star Havah

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 21 2008, 5:46 pm
Starhavah wrote:
Coming to this thread reminded me that most of those women probably live in NYC and do not have jobs. I barely have time for all of this stuff.

What does that mean? I live in NYC and I have a job - full time, with a commute.

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Mar 21 2008, 5:59 pm
CM, I think she was refering to the people that posted pictures of their

MM, where as the rest of us, rushed to get things done..

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 21 2008, 6:29 pm
Oh.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 21 2008, 6:46 pm
I just finished cooking for Shabbos but I am too embarrassed to tell you who I am. I finished making my MM around noonish today.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 21 2008, 7:03 pm
why should you be embarassed ... fresh seudos are much more inviting ... I too cooked today for today and tonight ...

Seraph

Post Sat, Mar 22 2008, 8:18 pm
I didnt finish doing my shaloch manos. my printer stopped working so I had to write my poems by hand. after 5 I stopped. left quite a few shaloch manod unwrapped- had my husband give those to those that came to the door while I delovered others...

purim night I heard megilla at 1:30 am.
purim day I had my husband peel n chop some vegges, and potatoes, I threw those in the soup with pupiks and put it on a low flame cookond while I wemt away for the seuda. I also roughly chopped some unpeeled carrots n sweet potatoes with meat that I also had cooking on a low flame while I was out at seudas.
that was my shabbos. my mil came for shabbos. place was a wreck until 5 seconds before shabbos, and still shabbos it was somewhat messy. thats what happens when youre working 2 full time jobs until 2 days before purim. (8-4 and then 6-2 in addition to mommying uriel) andthen working like crazy wednesday night to make up your weekly hrs that u cacnt do purim or easter......................

mom21n2

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 10:28 am
Thanks everyone. I especially loved seeing the posts pop up erev Shabbos, as I did not have time to read them with all the running around, but I knew you were out there doing the same thing. We all made it through. Very Happy Now on to Pesach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics